VH1 U218 special

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2freakboy

War Child
VH1 is airing a U218 special tonight (11/18) at midnight eastern (US). It lasts only a half hour and they're providing no description of what it may be. I'm guessing it's just a collection of U2 videos from songs featured on the album.

Hm, interesting. I've got the TiVo ready to go...im way too lazy to leave the comforts of my room to stay up for anything U2-related for a while....that Radio Hamburg WITS premiere was a severe loss of sleep for me!

This deserves to be on at a more prime time for everyone to see, and knowing U2's history it should be on MTV, but nowadays they're more RTV r for reality so U2 doesn't really fit anymore.

On a side note, I thought Stuck in a Moment video they were using wasn't the football stadium one...now they're highlighting that video on this special??

U218 videos on VH1

I'm watching this now but did not see the first of it. It's showing parts of the videos and snippets of interviews with the band of how the songs came about.

edited to say: oops, there is a thread alread started on this, sorry.
Somebody please delete..:wink:

Last edited:
It's clips of videos with various interview footage through out the years of them talking about the making of the videos.

It's kind of interesting. I am seeing things I never saw before, and things I saw a long time ago that I thought I'd never see again.

I missed it. Does anyone know if it will repeat? I can't see it in the immediate future on my DirecTV on-screen schedule. It would be pretty odd if they didn't air it a few more times, since it's promotion.

I thought the special was pretty good. Of course, it was more like 17 videos since WITS wasn't there, but I can wait for that one.

So, are we talking about VH1 or VH1 Classic?

I only have VH1 and you guys are saying that it has already repeated and yet it was't in my on-screen schedule (which shows programming for the next 32 hours) when I looked at it late last night.

It was repeating all night haha... I fell asleep to Vh1. Everytime I woke up it was either U2:18 Videos or Pearl Jam storytellers haha. Getting excited for Hawaii!

SMB

greenlight7-11 said:
So, are we talking about VH1 or VH1 Classic?

I only have VH1 and you guys are saying that it has already repeated and yet it was't in my on-screen schedule (which shows programming for the next 32 hours) when I looked at it late last night.

VH1 greenlight7-11

my cable guide says it will be on again on tuesday at 1 p.m. and thursday at 11 a.m.
(those are eastern times)

I thought it was good for what it was but it was nothing soo special that you would REALLY have to see..

I was kinda disapointed because I thought U2 would air for the first time the video of WITS :sigh:...

Back
Top Bottom