VH1 mentioned the leak on a newsbrief

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosleftone

Refugee
says they're pushing the album up to the 16th!

They also mentioned they did the same thing with Eminems album (Interscope).

Until I hear this from a respectable source (i.e. Paul McGuinness), I'm taking this as an example of terrible reporting.

Re: Re: VH1 mentioned the leak on a newsbrief

drivemytrabant said:

??? When was this? Just now? Maybe they were talking about the streaming release...

No that Rachel Perry chick said the album would be in stores that day. It was about an hour ago. I had the thing on in the background and the brief showed the Vertigo clip with that chick talking over it.

Wouldnt surprise me if its true though.

Im still buying it for everybody I know :)

Axver said:
Until I hear this from a respectable source (i.e. Paul McGuinness), I'm taking this as an example of terrible reporting.

Just mentioning what I heard on the TV from a respectable music channel, take it as you will. :wink:

lol. I love how on this board no-one believes anything you've seen/read/heard about the band until they hear it first hand. A poor bloke was getting accused of faking pages of the NME last week!

People on here really should chill out a bit!

I hope this is true!! I just got the Vertigo single, (all versions naturally) and am constantly playing it in my shop, as I will all day!

So 16/11 in the US, that probably means 15/11 in the UK. (If it's true)...:eyebrow:

Sure it would be great to get the release pushed up, i wont complain.
But i'm sure album sales, and this has been mentioned in other threads, would do better if it stays Nov 22nd....prehaps just put it out on iTunes on the 16th.

Oh and I should add that I actually hope the album release has moved to 11/16 since I'll actually be in the country!

So will the deluxe set be released on the 16th along with the normal copies?

if so great. Will coincide great when i buy my IPOD.

Foxxern said:
Oh and I should add that I actually hope the album release has moved to 11/16 since I'll actually be in the country!

You and me both, I am flying to Europe on the 23rd, releasing on the 16th will make things so much easier for my listening pleasure. <g>

I would LOVE it if the album were moved to the 16th. In fact, that's an even BETTER release date. We get the big first week sales followed immediately by the big Thanksgiving/holiday sales! Two back-to-back big weeks! It's like a big movie. Releasing it the week before a holiday is always best. The studio gets the big first weekend followed immediately by a big second weekend due to the holiday. Same with U2's album! Besides, one extra week of sales during the "holiday season" is ALWAYS a good thing. And with the leak, why not push it up?

As for Eminem, whose album surely has leaked as well, he can push his up to the 9th for the same reasons. Since he's still wickedly popular (moreso than U2), he'll get to enjoy 3 big weeks in Nov.

Back
Top Bottom