Vh1 and the dumbass polls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Groovy

Babyface
i just read the VH1 results and i can't believe it!

U2 didn't win a single category!
i absolutely can't believe it!
where were the U2 fans?!?!

Dave Matthews Band won all the categories U2 should have won.... what the heck?!!

and to top it off, even the best fan site was won by some DMB fan!! what a bunch of crock! the U2station (which was also nominated) was far superior in every way...

I guess while U2 fans were busy getting with the Elevation tour, DMB fans were busy voting....

whatever the case, the Elevation gig was well worth every U2 fan's time....
i'm just disgusted that we didn't get to be the majority vote at the Vh1 polls....

anyone out there feelin' what i'm sayin'?

[This message has been edited by Groovy (edited 12-03-2001).]

No, it's obvious what happened. We got turned in for cheating by the Bon Jovi people, remember? That caused all our votes to be disqualified. I only wish we could let the boys know it was no reflection on them.

Originally posted by Veranda:
I only wish we could let the boys know it was no reflection on them.

you're right it is no reflection on them. this award isn't a reflection on anyone whether winner or loser. if U2 had won it would have been more a reflection on us and the way the bands music touches and makes us develop innane 'auto voters'.

------------------
bottom line: U2 rules.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
you're right it is no reflection on them. this award isn't a reflection on anyone whether winner or loser. if U2 had won it would have been more a reflection on us and the way the bands music touches and makes us develop innane 'auto voters'.

I think that when we tried using an auto voter for TRL, that was one thing. That's not an awards show...it is basically a teenybopper show that shows requested videos almost everyday.

I wish for an awards show such as this though that we wouldn't have cheated. At first I thought it was pretty spiff that people were doing that, but as the voting continued, I began to like the idea of it less and less.

People argue that we had to cheat because Bon Jovi fans cheated, and we needed to keep up with them. Well, we lost anyway.

I wonder if U2 would like it that their fans were cheating for them. Who knows? Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't (I'm leaning more towards "they wouldn't", but how am I to know?).

I personally only voted once. I wonder that if we had all just voted once and encouraged friends to vote and not cheated if U2 could have won.

Well, the show is over. All we can do is just let it go.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

it's not our fault dave matthews fans have no life.

U2 is still the biggest band in the world.

------------------
"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

I wonder if the results would have been different if U2 would have been there in person. I'm wouldn't be one bit suprised if VH1 rigged it.

Here are some reasons:

1. U2 wasn't there in person.

2. We were narced out about the auto voter.

3. DMB and Bon Jovi are American bands.

4. If VH1 wanted to rig the results, who's stopping them?

------------------
"And I can feel the cold steel. And I can make a wound that won't heal."- Bono

I voted for them like a good little fan a long time ago...and then promptly forgot about it...

Shows what an impression this "award show" had on me....

not much...

dream wanderer

Ah, VH1 sucks and its a sucky award. Why would U2 even want that one? Have you seen the trophy they hand out? UGLY!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Um, so I guess the awards show already happened?

*HG yawns*

Quite frankly, I don't see why every channel/magazine/corporate entity has to have an awards show. The My VH-1 Awards are LAME!!! I don't have enough time in my life to sit and watch all these shows.

And did all the U2 votes really get thrown out because of Auto-voting? I say, let Bon Jovi win all the Vh-1 awards they can handle...let U2 take home the real hardware at the Grammy's.

cheated?
Vh1 considered re-voting as cheating?
(and if Bon Jovi fans turned us in for doing more of what they did, then they should share the same equal disqualification)...
and i am surprised that Bon Jovi got the best live show award.... what a bunch of crock!! what did they do in their show, throw out money to the crowd?

by the way, with the madness in revoting or multiple votings, that should be a better way to judge who really really really should win... the "My Vh1" award... if it is important to the person, he'll keep coming back and voting again and again.... that would be a better way to judge the winner...

anyone feelin' what i'm sayin'?

It's a shame but put it in perspective....

It's the VH1 My Music Awards. Not exactly a notable achievement.

When the grammies come around its what matters.

Just remember that the VH1 awards is basically 20 internet polls. Internet polling is unscientific for the obvious reasons. If this had been done like an election for public office, the results would be different.

Back
Top Bottom