Veterans/Remembrance Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unforgettableFOXfire

I serve MacPhisto
Can we get some sorta moment of silence goin on in here? or perhaps people telling stories of their parents/grandparents war efforts? Its incredibly important not to forget these things... Im sure we all know why... Anyways, hats off when you get in here, you will be given a poppy if you do not already have one.

I dont know how well this thread will turn out, but knowing me, not very well. Nonetheless Im going to try anyway.

*moment of silence*

Aw-what a nice thread
smile.gif

A MILLION thanks to all the veterans, and to those who are in Afghanistan right now. My Father fought in Korea and got the Purple Heart.

And don't forget-today is the two month anniversary of -well, we all know what
frown.gif

God Bless my Father and his 30 year military career that started just before the Cuban Missile Crises, included tours of duty in Germany, a full year in Vietnam in 1968, two full year tours of duty in South Korea in the 70s and 80s, Intelligence missions in both Somalia and Sudan, and numerous other jobs and duties he had during his 30 year military career as and Army Officer achieving the rank of Full Colonel!
God Bless one of my best friends who is currently a Cobra Helicopter Pilot, Captain USMC! God Bless another friend who is a Combat Engineer 1st LT USMC!
GOD BLESS all those who have served or are serving in are Military, from 1775 to TODAY!

How eerie that the anniversary and Veterans day should fall on the same day.
God bless our troops, our allies troops, and the veterans of the past, esp those of WW2 and WW1...
frown.gif

------------------
{ AIM HIGH }

I dont know much about very many of my ancestors, although i do know that my grandmothers brother was killed in the Battle Of The Bulge. And my great Grandfather deserted the German Army just prior to WW1 and moved to America. He supposedly came from Aristocracy over there, and was very well off, but gave it all up to move to America, where he had little money and had to work hard. He was an amazing guy from everything i've heard.
***SILENCE***

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

I raise a flag in salute to my mother and father, both of whom are Army veterans.

Yea Mom and Dad! I love you!

I salute my father who was sent to fight in what was a very unpopular war...Vietnam. He served four years in the Marines and was on those last planes that pulled out of Vietnam. Here's to you Dad.

-sula

Back
Top Bottom