Vertigo vs. Hanover Quay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FullonEdge

The Fly
That's right

I really have no idea. They both have their flaws but some potential.:shrug:

Vertigo - album

Hanover Quay - tour name

/but I think it will be something else, something that we've never heard of before/

Vertigo i reckon

Hanover Quay is good, better than solar, but vertigo matches the hype of the album build up.

It really depends on what the album sounds like on the whole

Current odds i reckon:

Vertigo 13/2
Hanover Quay 12/1
Solar, Open Arms, Full Metal Jacket 50/1

Something completely different 5/1

bathiu said:
Vertigo - album

Hanover Quay - tour name

I think, if indeed both are used, it will be the other way around. Hanover Quay makes utterly no sense as a tour name, but Vertigo works much like Elevation.

Should be interesting to see what the name turns out to be. I still say it should be Solar Winter, damnit!

Hanover Quay works better than Vertigo IMO for an album name.

Vertigo tour has a ring to it though...

:hmm:

Call it Hanover Vertigo and make everyone happy?

Hanover Quay would be such a waste as a title. And as a tour name...why would anyone think that. Seriously.

Last edited:
I like the title Vertigo for an album and even a tour, but it seems to closely tied to Elevation.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was an old name they were toying with for the Elevation shows.

Hanover Quay is just stupid. No offence. But really, they could call it 'A Great Big Stinking Pile of Pooh' and as long as it sounds good, I wont care.

I don't like Hanover Quay
it even seems a tad self indulgent naming an album after your studio
as if 90% of the people who'll buy the album will even be aware that it is indeed the name of the studio :shrug:

I prefer Vertigo to just about everyl other suggested title so far

I like Vertigo better than Hanover Quay.

Oregoropa, just remember, no one knew how to say :Achtung" & we all learned very quickly.

maybe they've just registered hanoverquay.com to launch a website about the studio and not specifically about this album. it makes some sense, they can post there info and pictures of the studio, who knows some webcams... very much the style u2.com was when it was launched.

Both good names and would be good album titles. Maybe the album could be called Hanover Quay and one of the songs named Vertigo, and then they could name the tour Vertigo. The Hanover Quay Tour doesn't sound good to me, so it's either the name of the album or nothing at all. To tell you the truth even though I like both names I think that none of them will be used as the title for the album.

You may be right. Neither sounds very U2ish.

But then again, that's their style...if they're reinventing themselves.

One thing to consider is that Hanover Quay was registered a year or so ago, so it may not even be considered at this point, I just posted it becaue we don't have enough to talk about on this board. :)

Well......that and I thought it was interesting.

umh... I don't like Vertigo, sounds more like a Metallica album :yuck:

I prefer Hanover Quay...

I have always liked Hanover Quay, but I'm really loving the sound of Vertigo now. We will probably end up with neither though...which is fine. I just can't wait for the new music! :hyper:

maybe just Hanover is better

but it sounds to much like "handover," like the iraqi handover

oh yeah speaking about iraq, that judge at the hussein ariagnment (sp?) go OWNED!! lol

U2DMfan said:
One thing to consider is that Hanover Quay was registered a year or so ago

Try four years ago. It was registered before All That You Can't Leave Behind was released....

When i think of Vertigo i see the color purple or more like violet which is making me like it more. I always associate colors with U2 albums. Unforgettable Fire i think Blue and Black (Bad) Joshua Tree i see Burgandy just like the cover on UF, go figure. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom