Vertigo vs. Elevation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Which do you like better?

I know you'll kill me, but I think I like Elevation better. It was one of the first U2 songs I heard and fell in love with, so it has sentimental value to me. I just like the song itself better too.

Man I love Vertigo too though!!

elevation was one of the first u2 songs i fell in love with as well.

i played them back to back earlier a few times... theres no doubt about it, i like vertigo better, by a pretty good bit. i also found less similarity between the two than I thought I would.

I'll have to listen to Vertigo's album version first to say but so far I think I like Vertigo a bit more. But Elevation's riff is great and I LOVE that solo Edge does in the end, it's classic Edge. Very melodic and full on.

I don't understand why it's wrong to compare.

It's a simple question really, which do you like better? I like Streets better than Lemon, doesn't mean they're the same type of song but I like one more than the other. Catch my drift? They don't have to be in the exact same genre.

Dragonfave said:
What's next: "Exit" vs. "New York"? Puh-leezzz :shrug:

Exactly we could do a mathematical permutation and peform comparisons with every u2 combination and personally I can't see the point....but it would waste a lot of time and forum space until november.

But lets start OK: first v last

Out of control v Vertigo..............:lol:

shart1780 said:
I don't understand why it's wrong to compare.

It's a simple question really, which do you like better? I like Streets better than Lemon, doesn't mean they're the same type of song but I like one more than the other. Catch my drift? They don't have to be in the exact same genre.

it was a simple question a week ago when it was first asked, now its just stale. your simple question is now a complex waste of time. just go to that other lame ass thread(s) and contribute, no need to start another entire thread over it

Re: ....

flangerchorus said:
i like the Elevation (Tomb Raider mix) better

The Tomb Raider mix feels like the "finished" version of the song, it has a lot more layers.. the live version also sounded a lot more like this... to my ears anyways.

I only hope that the video for Vertigo is better than the Elevation video.

Not that I care much for videos anyways, but that Elevation video was an embarassment.

Inner El Guapo said:
Not that I care much for videos anyways, but that Elevation video was an embarassment.
I don't think it was... and no, it's not cause Edge was the "main character" so nobody say that's why I like it!

Back
Top Bottom