Vertigo Vs Desire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I just thought this would be an interesting comparison since both are rock tunes about 3 minutes in length and both are the first release from an album.

Vote for which one you like best. VERTIGO gets my vote! I like Desire, but I think VERTIGO is a better song. I'm interested to see what other people think.

Ehh... I never got into Desire. Quite frankly it is my least favorite song from Rattle and Hum. Meanwhile Vertigo rocks the house, so it gets me vote:drool:

STING2 said:
I just thought this would be an interesting comparison since both are rock tunes about 3 minutes in length and both are the first release from an album.

Vote for which one you like best. VERTIGO gets my vote! I like Desire, but I think VERTIGO is a better song. I'm interested to see what other people think.

I think this is slightly pointless as I love both.

:|

who cares if its different? Why cant you compare what you like/dontlike about the songs and which you like better?

this is tough for me, because i like desire, but it can really sometimes lose its luster for me. right now, I like vertigo more. but, i really like both songs a lot.

Hmm. If we could vote on the basis of live performances, Desire would get my vote on the basis of the AMAZING Lovetown performances. But we're only talking studio, so it has to be Vertigo.

StlElevation said:
who cares if its different? Why cant you compare what you like/dontlike about the songs and which you like better?

this is tough for me, because i like desire, but it can really sometimes lose its luster for me. right now, I like vertigo more. but, i really like both songs a lot.

This was my opinion, if you looked at my post in Vertigo vs. Elevation, I defended that post and posted a few opinions :)

Tough call. "Desire" is one of my all time favorites, so I want to say that. I'm going to try to be objective with myself (Is this even possible?). While "Desire" is one of my top ten favorites, I enjoyed "Vertigo" the first time I heard it. That seldom is the case with me, and I don't remember if I liked "Desire" the first time I heard it (but I doubt it) so based on that, my vote is for "Vertigo".

u2head said:
I just heard Vertigo a few mins ago... I agree, Desire, is very different from Vertigo (which to me sounds more like Discoteque). And I think Discoteque's better... :|

Are you sure you heard Vertigo? It's nothing like Discotheque if you ask me.

STING2 said:

Vertigo without doubt

kennerado said:
Hey BonoFox I THINK YOU NEED TO TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.

I'll second that. All capital letters can get very annoying very fast.

I friggin love "desire", it's my favorite song when I'm working out or getting up in the morning. I think how Bono sings "O Sister, I can't let you go...." is one of the most classic lines I've ever heard in my life!!! Desire is absoutely phenominal, as is very short and in your face like "Vertigo." But like Ive said a few times already, it is only a week old so how can you compare songs? Their both perfection to me (except the "captain" line in the beginning).

Their both perfection to me (except the "captain" line in the beginning). [/B]

you dont like the captain line!!:shocked:

i looooooooove the captain bit
in fact i've started referring to people at work as "captain"
they dont seem to mind, it makes them feel important :wink:

oh, and vertigo gets my vote too - quite possibly simply because it's all i want to hear right now, over and over again!
its got me really excited :hyper:

if we could come back to this post in about 5 years or so again and then maybe my excitement will have work down and i can judge without bias!

Vertigo 6
Desire 6

game called in the top of the 6th

(because this is dumb and comparing two songs from two different eras is like trying to compare two baseball players from different eras)

PowerSurge said:
Vertigo 6
Desire 6

game called in the top of the 6th

(because this is dumb and comparing two songs from two different eras is like trying to compare two baseball players from different eras)

If you think its "dumb", why bother responding to the thread? The band has to make these comparisons all the time when they do the setlist for each tour.

Back
Top Bottom