Vertigo Video - Cool! Instructions here how to see it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
edgeu22 said:
Pretty good.

For me, would fall somewhere between Kevin Godley/Anton Corbijn (great) and Joseph Kahn (awful).

i loved the stuck in a moment video AND the elevation video.. i hope for the 2000-2010 DVD they take out the tomb raider clips and put in original scenes instead though, thats the only thing that holds it back from being u2's best music video

Is there a mpg for download somewhere?
(Install restrictions :banghead: )
I NEED to see this :drool:
Joy to all

Last edited:
i think its brilliant - not too impressed with the vfx (i work in special effects tho so i'm very fussy:))
but all in all i think the spinning circles and jetstreams andsandstorms and everything suit the video perfectly

KICKASS

I like it. It doesn't make them look stupid like so many vids that have come before. It never leaves the one scene though, which hurts it a bit as there is no visual relief. Your mind wants something else after the first minute. They varied the effects, which is good, but...

FullonEdge2 said:
Weren't there supposed to be helicopters and cranes too?

What happened?

They were probably used for the aerial shots and not meant to be in the video.

Not bad. Better than Kahn shit 4 years ago.
But, actually, I don't care that much about music videos.

I don't like it.
Too simple. Nothing really happens.
Still a brilliant song though, and that's what counts!

I can´t see it!!!
Someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If there is a god, please anyone i need to see it too!
I cant be just left out like this :no:

The song is really average for me. Could've been better, more diverse, i don't like the allthetime-repeating chorus. And the last chorus is too much. Maybe some remixing would do the trick...

The video, hm...
Again, could've been so much better. A music video to a song like Vertigo (strong first single to "the best U2 album yet") had very big potential. Very BIG i tell you.
I think it's good, but again, i wouldn't mind more diversity. It misses some details and some things look really unreal/not well done, especially the part with the "solo". It looks like the edge (and others) are cut-out from some newspapers, and put there.
Second, too much repeating the "bomb effect" with the trails...

Good video, maybe too MTv-ish... :huh:

"The video looks incredibly cool, but the "good vs. evil" storyline that was originally written in the proposal is gone; in the end, it's just a performance video -- U2 in the desert with some stunning special effects."

Too bad, probably would be great...
So, just another performance video, huh? :(

yeah that one, you'll see the band's emotions much better, fits the song more (the raw color background), and i like the camera playing. (going on "matrix" style around them)

The "real" vertigo isin't that bad though.... I like it..... Really.......

Love the video! its fun! to me it coverts the song into visual! Vertigo is just too rocky for some silly storyline to follow, leave that for the slower numbers! enjoy the bloody video peple!

Back
Top Bottom