Vertigo (this is a song stolen from U2 mix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hola amigos :wave:

Well, I´ve listen several Vertigo mixes, but I think the song still needs to improve in many fields, like lenght, Bono´s voice sound, Edge´s guitars, etc.

Sadly, I´m not a DJ :( and I can´t create a remix, because I don´t know how to do it
Despite that, here´s my idea for the dreamed Vertigo version :bow:

1- I really think this song needs a better intro than Larry´s sticks counting :yes:, I mean, something like Zooropa´s intro or Elevation´s intro during Elevation Tour, specially thinking in the album version. It´s pretty boring to listen just a sticks intro.
2- A percussion programming like Mofo, but no so much programming, just a few more colors :yes: (does anyone have noticed The Fly has some kind of programmings ?, that´s what I´m talking about with this song).
3- The percussion stars when Larry´s drums starts, then the whole band joins him (like original version), but with a litle changes, for example, Edge´s guitar sound, specially when he add just rythym and then when he plays the riff, he needs a sound more like The Fly. Also Bono´s voice sound must be sound different, I mean, like Zoo Station, HMTMKMKM or something like that :cool: .
4- Before Bono starts to sing, there´s a couple of new riff bars played both with bass and keyboards (listen Jacknife Club Mix), keeping while he´s singing the lines. The chorus will be the same as original (included Bono´s voice sound, he turns into Zoo Station sound just during verses, not the chorus, just imagine that effect !!!!!!)
the band returns to the main riff after chorus
5- Then the song is the same, but rather than just 4 guitar solo´s bars, there will be 8, adding other guitar part (I mean, listen Pride (in the name of love) the whole solo has other part Edge has never played live, that´s what I´m talking about)
6- An extended "quiet" part, a few bars with just music, and then Bono starts to sing.
7- Last chorus has more guitar notes, sorry I don´t know if you understand, but in the original version, listening the last chorus, there´s another guitar that don´t strum the strings, that guitar must be louder than the original mix :edge: and with other sound, because in the original mix I confuse all guitars, making some weird noise :down:
8- All "Yeah, Yeah" must be removed, keeping those "Oh, Oh" the band sang before second chorus, adding a different guitar, like the one played with those "Oh, Oh", but with stronger sound.

:shocked:

I hope someone will do that awesome mix.
My version would be about 4:30, including intro !!!

What do you think, Edge ?

Peace ;)

Last edited:
why is everybody trying to remix vertigo?
and most of all, why does everybody else want to listen to those remixes?

i don't get it.
Vertigo rocks,
if it was better any other way, the band would have done it the other way,
just enjoy it people.

no offence intended on anyone. but just having an audio editor isn't a reason for playing with a song, which contains so much work in it. i haven't heard any of the remixes, i don't imply they are bad, but i don't think there is a reason to hear them.. just my thoughts..

was the remixing thing over here whenever a new song would arrive (e.g Beautiful Day) or has it coincidentally started since Edge joined the forum?

also, i am not referring to ponkine alone, i hope he doesn't get me wrong, i only posted this here because i think it's the newest remixing thread i saw.
cheers

Remixing songs is a fun, and cool hobby. It's very creative. And, music from U2 is very imaginative.

Fans will never be able to properly mix a song because we don't have access to the source tapes where every instrument has been seperately tracked, etc...

But its still fun to play with what we have.

Ponkine - we get it. You were unhappy with ATYCLB. You're unhappy with Vertigo. You're going to be unhappy with HTDAAB. You've stated this clearly, many times over. I'm unhappy that it doesn't rain chocolate on Tuesdays. Complaining about how U2 has gone in the 'wrong' direction will not make them suddenly go in a 'right' one. I'm sure a lot of people are upset that DVDs have taken over VHS. But we gotta roll with the times.

Take advantage of U2 while they're still making albums. The Beatles all broke up before they were 30. I'm sure a lot of fans back in 1968 didn't like the 'experimental' direction their favorite band had gone in, but I bet they were beating themselves up come 1970, for not enjoying the music the Beatles were making while they were still together.

Every album U2 makes is something special. When I first heard Achtung Baby I was seriously disappointed because it wasn't The Joshua Tree. I disliked the album for a solid month. But when I let go of my expectations and listened to the music for what it was, not for what it wasn't, it became my all-time favorite U2 album. We can't expect the music to change for us. We have to change for the music.

-Mike

Last edited:
:applaud: Well said, Miggy. That's what I was thinking, just expressed better.

You know - everyone has their opinions.... but then you finished it with "What do you think Edge?"

Hyrsterical. I'm sure he thinks he should've picked you instead of Steve Lillywhite.

ponkine said:

Well, I´ve listen several Vertigo mixes, but I think the song still needs to improve in many fields, like lenght, Bono´s voice sound, Edge´s guitars, etc.

Peace ;)

You know, if you just take the first comment and put it with the last comment, you pretty much find out what The Edge thinks right there. :wink:

What a bunch of babies!

Start your own band if you can hear what you want.

Vertigo sounds great!

Quit crying about what you can't create on your own!!!

Have you all ever seen the movie What About Bob? You know the one part where he goes, "Gimme gimme gimme! I want! I need! I need!" It's never enough for some people--this is U2, this is thier own creation...take it or leave it. It irks me when I see the same "fans" plugging into the same sense of negativity constantly.

To quote another part of the movie.... "Don't hassle me. I'm a local."

ponkine said:

Sadly, I´m not a DJ :( and I can´t create a remix, because I don´t know how to do it
Despite that, here´s my idea for the dreamed Vertigo version :bow:

1- I really think this song needs a better intro than Larry´s sticks counting :yes:, I mean, something like Zooropa´s intro or Elevation´s intro during Elevation Tour, specially thinking in the album version. It´s pretty boring to listen just a sticks intro.
2- A percussion programming like Mofo, but no so much programming, just a few more colors :yes: (does anyone have noticed The Fly has some kind of programmings ?, that´s what I´m talking about with this song).
3- The percussion stars when Larry´s drums starts, then the whole band joins him (like original version), but with a litle changes, for example, Edge´s guitar sound, specially when he add just rythym and then when he plays the riff, he needs a sound more like The Fly. Also Bono´s voice sound must be sound different, I mean, like Zoo Station, HMTMKMKM or something like that :cool: .
4- Before Bono starts to sing, there´s a couple of new riff bars played both with bass and keyboards (listen Jacknife Club Mix), keeping while he´s singing the lines. The chorus will be the same as original (included Bono´s voice sound, he turns into Zoo Station sound just during verses, not the chorus, just imagine that effect !!!!!!)
the band returns to the main riff after chorus
5- Then the song is the same, but rather than just 4 guitar solo´s bars, there will be 8, adding other guitar part (I mean, listen Pride (in the name of love) the whole solo has other part Edge has never played live, that´s what I´m talking about)
6- An extended "quiet" part, a few bars with just music, and then Bono starts to sing.
7- Last chorus has more guitar notes, sorry I don´t know if you understand, but in the original version, listening the last chorus, there´s another guitar that don´t strum the strings, that guitar must be louder than the original mix :edge: and with other sound, because in the original mix I confuse all guitars, making some weird noise :down:
8- All "Yeah, Yeah" must be removed, keeping those "Oh, Oh" the band sang before second chorus, adding a different guitar, like the one played with those "Oh, Oh", but with stronger sound.

:shocked:

I hope someone will do that awesome mix.
My version would be about 4:30, including intro !!!

Peace ;)

It sounds as if you want a song from AB, this is a new thing for U2, a punk rock song. Those in their nature are about the 3min mark. It's just meant to arrive roll through your head and leave, nothing else. Adding intRo's like you've mentioned and changing the vocal with distortion is basically what they've all done before. I really disagree with everything you've said about changing it. I'm glad they've made the way it is, sounds very fresh and uncomplicated and will be a killer live.

I'm not bothered about it having a solo either, I don't think the solo would have worked with this type of track. It's meant to be punky and straight to the point, stick a solo in there would break the flow IMHO.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Vertigo (this is a song stolen from U2 mix)

Lo-Fi said:
I'm not bothered about it having a solo either, I don't think the solo would have worked with this type of track. It's meant to be punky and straight to the point, stick a solo in there would break the flow IMHO.

It really bothers me that some people are desperate for solos. U2 aren't a band that does a lot of solos; they don't need to show off and so if a solo doesn't suit a song, they won't play one. Vertigo's a punk song so a solo would have stuck out like a sore thumb. If you want fast or long solos, I don't think U2's the band for you.

Re: Re: Re: Vertigo (this is a song stolen from U2 mix)

Axver said:

It really bothers me that some people are desperate for solos. U2 aren't a band that does a lot of solos; they don't need to show off and so if a solo doesn't suit a song, they won't play one. Vertigo's a punk song so a solo would have stuck out like a sore thumb. If you want fast or long solos, I don't think U2's the band for you.

agreed

solos=masturbation

instead of U2 get Jenna Jameson, she's got quite a set of....pipes on her.

The song is fine. Thats why they are the biggest band in the world and we are not. We always think of things already done. At least they do things that are fresh.

Lets leave the song as is.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom