Vertigo sung on Australian Idol!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Infinitum98 said:
Speaking of murdering U2 songs, how about Mary J. Blige singing "One"?

Don't you ever mention that again! :rant: If you keep reminding us about that we will never be able contunie our lives normal :)

major_panic said:
Liek, ZOMG WTF teh coolzor!!!!1one!!eleven

Seriously though, I just happened to be watching Aus. Idol and happened across some bloke called Mark singing Vertigo.

Admittedly, he was no Bono, but kudos to him for trying - I doubt many contestants would have dared to even try Vertigo.

And... that was that. Anyone have anything interesting to add to that? Seeing some other Idol contestant play a U2 song?

*waits for Axver to say that he should have attempted One Tree Hill* :wink:

yes i saw this, and ISHFWLF and One the week before that ... ( i watch idol) :reject: and dear god it was truly truly farking awful. feeling a serious need to launch a jihad on their idol asses. they can sing what the hell they like, just dont touch the u2 ....

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE! I had the terrible misfortune of seeing an ad for Idol today that included a few seconds of that hack singing Vertigo. I briefly wanted to stick a fork in my ear.

Suddenly, the original of Vertigo sounds like a masterpiece ...

Aight, we will not mention that "song" that a certain singer whose initials are MJB sang again. I say "song" because what she did to it was terrible.

Anyway, like I said, I wanted to clear my mind - Idol seemed like the best way, cause it truly is mindless rubbish.

Axver said:
OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE! I had the terrible misfortune of seeing an ad for Idol today that included a few seconds of that hack singing Vertigo. I briefly wanted to stick a fork in my ear.

Hilariously, Idol is turning Axver to actually like Vertigo... Whatever next!?

That Chris Moyles rendition of Beautiful Day... well... urgh.

Australian TV FTL. Heck, contemporary pop culture FTL.

major_panic said:
Hilariously, Idol is turning Axver to actually like Vertigo... Whatever next!?

Yarra Trams will finally decide that I'm right and a short branch line should be built down to my house?

I thought that was more likely until I heard that hack for myself.

Australian TV FTL. Heck, contemporary pop culture FTL.

:up:

The All Blacks FT massive World Cup W though. :wink:

Axver said:

:lmao:

This is the third time i'm mentioning the Mary J. Blige version of "One," but I think that you should listen to that before the next time you listen to the U2 version of "One" so that you can actually enjoy it very well.

:wink:

Yeah, next thing you know, some contestant on Idol will sing "One" and Axver will turn to the dark side... or rather the light side.

Be glad that you didn't see the full clip of him singing it. Reminds me of the clip I just saw of Britney Spears performing, except that Britney Spears performing was hilarious (camera pans to Kanye West with a WTF look on his face)

:lmao:

No, the studio version of One still sucks. It doesn't have the "do you hear us coming?" verse.

And here's a quick step to make even the Idol hacks seem good: look up Avril Lavigne covering System Of A Down's Chop Suey on YouTube. There is very little in the known universe that is worse.

Back
Top Bottom