Vertigo played!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's not a surprise for me. 4 years ago beutiful day was also played on a portuguese radio station one day before the official premiere from dave fanning. of course that the impact was not so big because by then it was already all over the internet.

anyway, a vertigo mp3 probably already exists somewhere in belgium. maybe it's just a matter of hours now...

Well, with the new lyrics posted on u2achtung, I'd say someone has listened to it enough to transcribe the lyrics.

AussieU2fanman said:
lol they had to pick one of the most obscure countries in the world to play it on.

HEY MAN, have a little more respect for my beautiful country!!!!!!!!!!! Long live Belgium!

Peter said:

HEY MAN, have a little more respect for my beautiful country!!!!!!!!!!! Long live Belgium!

haha, I didn't mean it like that. If it was going to be leaked it would be much easier if it was leaked in USA\Australia\UK where there are many U2 fans listening out. No offence mate ;)

Those posted lyrics look really awesome. I think after school today Im gonna spend the rest of the day memorizing them. I am SOOOOO excited now. I am so pumped!!

AussieU2fanman said:
lol they had to pick one of the most obscure countries in the world to play it on.

belgium is a very nice country. due to professional reasons i am regular visitor (i'll be there in 2 weeks), but i think that none of my coleagues there care about the vertigo issue, so the contact would be worthless.

I never said I didn't like Belgium, I know nothing of it, I just would have liked it if Vertigo was leaked in a more prominant country with many more freaks like me listening with my finger on the button. Comon somebody in Belgium must have it! I need it before I go to bed :huh:

AussieU2fanman said:

haha, I didn't mean it like that. If it was going to be leaked it would be much easier if it was leaked in USA\Australia\UK where there are many U2 fans listening out. No offence mate ;)

;)

actually if this was just played out of the blue with absolutely no warning, it's very likely that no one would have recorded it. No one would have been prepared :(

Ah man, yet another false start! I think I should just go off line and wait for Dave Fanning...... but I won't......just in case.

Look at what the internet has done to you people!

There is no hope for our kids!

How do you dismantle an atomic bomb?
P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E!

If these are the lyrics... interesting.. anyone interested in figuring out what this song is about!!?

[Count-in in Spanish:]
Un, dos, tres... catorce [?]

[Spoken vocal - Edge?:]
Turn it up [??????], Captain! [?]

Lights go down it’s dark
The jungle is your head - can’t rule your heart
I’m feeling so much stronger than before
Your eyes are wide
And though your soul it can’t be bought
You might be (wonder [?])

Hello, hello... (Here we are!)
I'm at a place called Vertigo (Yeah, that's right!)
It’s everything I wish I didn’t know
Except you give me something...
I can feel, feel

The night is full of holes
There's bullets ripping sky of ink with gold
They twinkle as the boys play rock and roll
They know that they can’t dance - at least they know

I can’t stand the beat
I’m asking for the cheque
Girl with crimson nails
It's Jesus 'round her neck
Swinging to the music [overlap:] Whoooaaa
Swinging to the music [overlap:] Whoooaaa
Whoooaaa
Whoooaaa
Whoooaaa

I'm at a place called Vertigo (Yeah, that's right!)
It’s everything I wish I didn’t know
But you give me something...
I can feel, feel

Checking in [?????]
[????????]
Jumping in - yeah [?]

[Edge solo]

All of this... all of this can be yours
Just give me what I want and no one gets hurt

We're at a place called Vertigo (Yeah, that's right!)
Lights go down and no one knows
That you give me something...
I can feel your love teaching me
Aaahhhhh-aaahhh-aaahhh-aaahhh...
Your love is teaching me
Aaahhhhh-aaahhh-aaahhh-aaahhh...
How to kneel, kneel

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, YEAH,
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, YEEEAAAAH!

Earnie Shavers said:
Look at what the internet has done to you people!

There is no hope for our kids!

How do you dismantle an atomic bomb?
P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E!

To be honest, I am more anxious for the album than this single, but I'll take what I can get. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom