Vertigo played!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha said:
Remember, people all over the place are claiming to have heard it. And they haven't.

True... however, and it will be my downfall, I do believe what I read sometimes, esp if its good news as it makes my world that wee bit more fuzzy and a nicer place to be! In reality, whether its been played or not, makes no real difference, gonna here it in a few hours either way!

Are people checking the P2P websites? I'm always amazed at how fast a "world exculsive" of a new song starts roaming the internet - of course except THIS time :wink:

Still, no matter, in 2 - 3.5 hours Dave Fanning will have played it and we'll know for sure it's out there. Hopefully someone is techno-savy enough to know how to record from the radio or SkyTv to make an mp3.

mp3? I want lossless! :wink:

(now I'm waiting for the person who will teach me about radio waves and compression)

If hes saying uno, dos, tres catorce then the translation is one, two, three, fourteen. Catorce is fourteen in spanish. Cuatro is four.

Any reference to the bible? JOB?

in another thread someone said it was referring to u2 albums... like 1,2,3 (boy, october, war) influenced this album a lot...and if you include all the live albums HTDAAB is #14...

A german radiostation claims it played the new u2 song at 15:38 local time.
Check the news at u2tour.de

pulle28 said:
A german radiostation claims it played the new u2 song at 15:38 local time.
Check the news at u2tour.de

Man, everyone is playing it and still no-ones got an mp3 of it!

SkeeK, MadelynIris, Headache in a Suitcase, riteshbhatt1, Dalton Brother, poppyZbrite, womanfish, Mullen-Girl, ladywithspinninghead, xenx, radiodivision, zoopop, Party Boy, wolbersu2, Edgewannabe, jphelmet, Zoomeranger, JOFO, voxson, hibricc, ramblin rose, She ls Raging, john1800, macfly, nuke126, gorman, Edgette, maxpouliot, Keebler884, luckotheirish, shart1780, Soulrock2, goblues4427, xidi, achtung y'all, jamaicanrum20, roy, bcrt2000, East 17, fredo, yael, quirkafleeg, bathiu, Dr_Macphisto, steak, larry_slo, spencr00, innocent_eyes, SteveCon, Numb1075, ponkine, AaronMcKie, Rapido, Peterrrrr, starsforu2, Anirban, jelmutiger, mwheelonh, VertiGone, artdirector, moreu2, flameandthefire, sthomas, Lo-Fi, Cutters10C, stargift, burrowsb, venk323, pulle28, fregistration, boosterjuice, dmahoney10, FullonEdge2, Paul Vox, mutly23, Sephiroth, scobie, TheFlyOnTheWall, ny_atom, JulioArca, Toronto99, esquire28ri, davyboy, apuraja, pittTodd, geostar, seibu1, Bernhard, gnagle2, nurse chrissi)

The board getting pretty full again.....

Hehe, yeah, we're all getting very very hungry to hear the single.
... I don't know if I should admit this... but I have checked a very popular P2P and it's nothing but dead/wrong links as of now.

OK, I'll try recording it from Sky at 6.30. Quite how I'll get it onto the PC is another thing, but I'll see how I get on.....

brachanam9 said:
What's the Star Trek reference?

I think they were referring to the intro line "turn me up, Captain", which is only vaguely similar to the Star Trek catchphrase "Beam me up, Scotty"... which was usually spoken by the Captain.

Get it? :rolleyes:

brachanam9 said:
What's the Star Trek reference?

Captain_Kirk_and_Spock.JPG

turn it up, captain

Actually, I have a DVD recorder hooked up to my Sky+, so I should be able to record it onto a DVD which takes out the hassle of having to physically connect it to my PC. Then all I need is something to rip the audio from the DVD. I'll get onto Google.....

ascender_RS said:
Actually, I have a DVD recorder hooked up to my Sky+, so I should be able to record it onto a DVD which takes out the hassle of having to physically connect it to my PC. Then all I need is something to rip the audio from the DVD. I'll get onto Google.....

all you need is an audio recorder... i use nero wave editor when i rip from a DVD.

make sure your recording settings are set to record off your CD player (access it on the volume control). then simply play the dvd on your computer's dvd player and hit the record button on the editor, save it as an mp3, and there ya go.

Back
Top Bottom