Vertigo on radio coming soon!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
So what's everyones plan, to camp out in their car and catch it on the radio the day its released!!!! Do tell........ :hyper:

Since I only work three days a week I've arranged for 9/24 as a day off - if I don't hear the friggin' single that day there will be some 'splaining to do

i will bring my walkman to school and listen to as much as i can...then i'm going to my friends house to chill and i'll turn on all this radios!

one4u2 said:

lol! Sorry I wish!

no prob. actually, i was thinking about starting a "OMG!!11lissen2Vertigoheer!!111" thread as a joke, but realized i may no longer be the most loved member of these forums.

I plan to ditch school and sit in my car all day 'till I hear it. And if my mom finds out about my plan and won't let me miss school, then I'm bringing a cd player that has a radio so I can listen to it during class. Well, maybe that's not a good idea. I don't think the teacher will appreciate me screaming in the middle of class. I guess I'll only be able to listen to it during lunch. :( :( :(
Well, and after school of course. :wink:

mikal said:

no prob. actually, i was thinking about starting a "OMG!!11lissen2Vertigoheer!!111" thread as a joke, but realized i may no longer be the most loved member of these forums.

Now that would be cruel lol!!!

I'm far too pretentious to listen to commercial radio. I trust it will be on the internet in just as good as FM radio quality before the 24th anyway.

Geez Louise!!! (How hip is that!?!) :wink:
Sept 24th is beginning to be well defined by another song title:
Faraway (So Close) - that' s how it's feeling for me, anyway!

Aaarrrrrgggghhhh - I HATE WAITING FOR NEW U2!! :madspit:

I am a farmer, and harvest season has now fallen upon us. During this harvest, I am either in a combine, tractor or semi most of the day. Driving a tractor/semi all day can get boring, so I find myself channel surfing the radio all day, everday. If I don't hear it, that will be because nobody played it.

SkeeK said:
I'm far too pretentious to listen to commercial radio. I trust it will be on the internet in just as good as FM radio quality before the 24th anyway.

Same here. I refuse to listen to the radio, and it'll wind up on the Internet.

Oh, and Americans, you'll hear it on the 23rd as long as someone in NZ cares to upload it, thanks to the beauty of timezones.

I'll be working that day. I'll probably listen to the radio over the lunch hour and again when I get home. The radio stations where I live suck, so I'll probably listen to Cities 97 from Minneapolis online in hopes of hearing it.

Ill be at work, and we listen to the radio all day, and when U2 hits the radio, IM going to turn it up full blast and tell everyone to shutup, and listen. I always tell everyone at work how many more days until U2s new single will be on the radio, so they are well warned.

I really hope an mp3 is released relatively early next Friday!

I've emailed 4 local radio DJs concerning the premiere date of Vertigo. Only one DJ knows for sure that the single will be played on their station next Friday. The station happens to be exclusively for Top 40 fluff music. Lucky me. :|

Last edited:
I will be at work listening to 99X in Atlanta on the Internet (even though I live in Northern Cali). I know they will play it on the Retroplex around 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Pacific time!!

Go to http://www.99x.com to listen to the stream on 9/24!!! They will most definitely play it all day long. I know they did for both premieres of Beautiful Day and Electrical Storm.

I'll be in work and we have a fire wall on our server that doesn't allow to play the radio on line. It depends, if Radio 1 play it before 8am on Friday of next week I'll hear it driving into work, if that fails I'll just need to wait and see if one of you kind people will post on this forum!

I'm still hoping for some kinda leak before then, at least a 30sec clip, come on U2.com, I know you want to!

Lo-Fi said:
I'll be in work and we have a fire wall on our server that doesn't allow to play the radio on line. It depends, if Radio 1 play it before 8am on Friday of next week I'll hear it driving into work, if that fails I'll just need to wait and see if one of you kind people will post on this forum!

I'm still hoping for some kinda leak before then, at least a 30sec clip, come on U2.com, I know you want to!

Yeah it feels like forever until the 24th. Until that time i goto a wedding i start school have a family party and do so much other stuff. :huh:

Vertigo will be played next Thursday

Drive 105 in the Twin Cities announced they will be playing the Twin Cities premier of Vertigo on Thursday the 23rd! Unfortunately, I will be in Philadelphia on business next week.

Can anyone recommend good Phily stations for U2 music?

Curt

Back
Top Bottom