Vertigo on radio, and what we should do!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ElectricalVoice

Refugee
Ok ... Vertigo will be on radio very soon, and I think we should be thinking of requesting this song so that it gets played a lot. What about sending emails to stations and request the song. Several websites for radiostations also have some kind of polls to decide what to play the most. Lets show the world that we want to hear Vertigo, and make Vertigo climb the charts of the most played songs on radio. As soon as it hits the air! Just to show that U2 have done it again.

Ok ... I know we haven't heard the song yet, and maybe we don't like it (I doubt it). But IF we like it ... maybe it's an idea to really f**k up the mainstream ;) a little. I wouldn't mind if they play more U2 on the radio anyway. Maybe (just maybe) this could infuence som critics, and maybe this could infuence how much the video will be played (when is that anyway - when will the video hit MTV and VH1?).

Start collecting email-adresses in your country and around the world.

As long as I don't have to hear Jet, The Strokes, The White Stripes, or The Vines I'm down to promote Vertigo. Damn I hate those bands!

Maybe it is a good idea to post some email adresses here, so that we can send some requests. When Vertigo hits the air, i would really like to hear it a lot. Maybe we shouldn't organize something... but does anyone have email adresses to the most popular radio stations?

http://www.virginradio.co.uk/djsshows/shows/mostwanted/votenow.html

Please vote for Vertigo here from Friday...this station's going downhill fast and if we could just knock Maroon 5/Snow Patrol/Jet or any of those other crappy bands off the top of the most wanted chart for just one day it would be an achievement...the chart is broadcast from 7.00 till about 7.45 every day and you can listen online.

Save Music and Vote Vertigo on friday!

I apologise, I realise the fact that snow patrol are crap is not important right now. We need to focus all our energies on the (surely) great Vertigo and getting it played as much as possible :D

The only music that has to be killed is rap. And maybe Britney Spears and Justin Timberlick.
COME ON U2! YOU CAN DO IT GUYS! :D Course it's up to US fans to make it happen :wink:

^^^ Same here :madspit:

I called in requesting it on the radio last night, and the DJ said "This is the 4th time you've called. We don't have the song, yet."

:drunk:

*calls in again*

Back
Top Bottom