Vertigo on Aussie Radio?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intedomine

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Anyone know when and on what station we are gonna hear VERTIGO in Australia?

Has the MMM network got the rights to the first broadcast of the song?

Like they did with Beautiful Day in 2000. (I think they premiered it at about 8am during timbo and bedders in melbourne. They might do it during the cage this time around.)

I honestly haven't heard anything ... anyone want to contact the radio networks?

Ugh. If it's MMM I can't pick it up here!

What a way to disadvantage us rural people. I wish the Js didn't suck so much and would play it. :(

Renne, if you go to www.mrock.com.au and go to the site for Brisbane's Triple M, you can tune in over the net.

Sydney's don't do a live stream unfortunately. I guess Brisbane's Triple M is virtually identical to Sydney's. If that's the case, Sydney Triple M plays U2 regularly, a number of times a day, and are the station that always gets U2 stuff first, all the big interviews etc. My bet is Triple J will definitely play it on Friday, but Triple M will play it a dozen times by the end of the day.

Earnie Shavers said:
Renne, if you go to www.mrock.com.au and go to the site for Brisbane's Triple M, you can tune in over the net.

It's good theoretically, but my computer audio isn't working, so yeah... ><

But thanks for the link. If I can get somewhere with a computer that's wired for sound I'll see what I can get happening.

I just phoned our local 96fm (I know the time difference will be too late but I want to actually listen to it on the radio here as well as on my computer).

I was informed that they dont programme that far in advance. I need to phone on Friday morning or possibly Thursday afternoon at the earliest.

I hope the other stations are better organised. :|

beli said:
I just phoned our local 96fm (I know the time difference will be too late but I want to actually listen to it on the radio here as well as on my computer).

I was informed that they dont programme that far in advance. I need to phone on Friday morning or possibly Thursday afternoon at the earliest.

I hope the other stations are better organised. :|

Pfft, how abysmal. They don't know when they'll play it while other stations are already setting approximate times?

I emailed MMM last week. Communist bastards haven't written back though. You can get streaming audio of all MMM but it isn't through the MROCK domain, its on one of the others. Unles its now redirected. Anyway, MMM were wanking on about getting it last week. Who knows.

Guys streaming sucks, the quality is too low (at least from virtually all the streams I have listened to. Try to record it straight from the radio to your computer somehow. It's much better quality. BTW will any Australian stations play it before 8:00a.m SA time? I need to know!

Streaming quality has been fine for me and I have no other way to get it. You say you're on 28k, don't you? Might explain the abysmal quality!

In any case, seeing you're receiving an MP3 of it, I doubt the quality between a stream-sourced and radio-sourced MP3 will be noticeable.

AussieU2fanman said:
does streaming adjust itself for your internet connection? I thought you could select it or it was predefined. hmm

Well, mine comes through loud and clear ... it's not the brilliance of my SHN and FLAC lossless files, but it's tolerable, and when it's all I can have, I'll take it, no questions asked.

We should get high quality audio (high bitrate MP3s at least) within a week from a DJ putting it online anyway.

this just sent to me from Tripple M Melbourne.

Hi Daniel,

We get a copy of the song at approximately 6pm on Friday and we will put
it on air as soon as we get it.

Keep listening

This was just posted on the U2 LJ community:

u2mail_middle.gif

6pm Friday on the East Coast of Aust is about right for it to be coordinated worldwide. That'll be about 8am Friday in the US. So they're not giving Australia any advance!

Earnie Shavers said:

So 678932501 rabid U2 fans can't find it, but they can...... :huh:

Don't shoot the messenger. :shrug:

Was just posting what I saw. Don't know how they're going to do it. We'll find out tomorrow or Thursday. ...I'm a bit confused myself now.:huh:

Last edited:
i'm listening online right now, and they just advertised that they're playing "Vertigo" at 8:30 tomorrow morning.

w00t!

i'm not sure on details, but the dj was giving the weather forecast and then announced the playing of the new single!

let's hope they don't pull a 103.1.:|

Well, I assume Nova in Sydney will do the same thing or be not far behind.

Sounds like it's real?!?

Funny if it was a stunt and they play 30 seconds of spanish guys talking over the sound of waves.......

MrBrau1 said:
Those stupid shits are gonna play the New Model Army track that's out there listed as Vertigo.

Yeah I thought that. You know, the DJ's on the show that claim they are going to play it, I hate all of them. Egg on their faces suits me fine.

Back
Top Bottom