Vertigo (Jacknife Lee 12")

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sue4u2

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
From U2exit.com:

Vertigo (Jacknife Lee 12") We currently have audio of the Jacknife Lee 12" vinyl promo. - Windows Media Audio

Anyone heard this, I haven't (means nothing) :wink:
If you have, then you're blessed.:applaud:

Hardly any difference between the 10" mix & 12" mix (one is just a shorter version of the other I think). The 7" mix isn't that much different to the original version...its slowed down a bit but not much else is different. Personally, I'm not that impressed by the remixes...but then I don't normally go for remixes anyway.

these are sweet. But remember guys, these are meant to be dance tracks for clubs and shit. Don't listen to it expecting a slightly rearranged drums, bass, vocal and guitar version of Vertigo. It's a cool remix for me to dance to and thrust my head back and forth in my car. ;)

Will the 7" version be available on any of the singles? it seems heavier than the original it also has that cool 'fear has taken over everything' lyric in it as well.

love these dance/trance remixes of u2. I love Oakenfold's "Streets" remix, he still opens almost every show with that, great buildup to start a trance show. This, however, pretty much sucks. The first minute isnt bad, but the way he remixes the actual song is not great.

AussieU2fanman said:
Where do I find Oakenfold's Street remix? :ohmy:

I'll look around for you on the net, I have a CD concert of his in Ibiza and he opens with it, but the whole concert is one track so I couldnt send it to you. I dont know if he did that much with the song, but its definetly a remix and a lot faster, it just sounds so good in that club environment, hearing the crowd go crazy to it.

Hmmmm... still need the instrumental remix. I guess it will only be realeased on the promo singles. :eyebrow:

About the Streets remix... is it official? Where can I find it?

Can someone translate this?

"Update 15.08: Bei einem Live Broadcast aus Ibiza für "Radio 1" stellte Paul Oakenfold einen neuen Remix ('Daniele Davioli Remix') von "Where the Streets have no Name" vor. Bereits letztes Jahr stellte Paul ebenfalls bei diesem Broadcast aus Ibiza mit "Staring at the Sun (Brothers in Rhythm Club)" einen neuen Remix vor. (siehe News)" (From www. )

Also, I found these:

"A few girls in the crowd took their cue before Oakenfold even started his
tired remix of U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name," climbing on their boyfriends' shoulders, shortly after a remix of the band's "Staring at the Sun." By this time, even Oakenfold looked bored up in the booth, frequently chatting away from the turntables mid-song. It's not to say that the sometimes deified DJ didn't deliver what his fans would expect, but after watching him go through the motions for such a small crowd, it was hard not to feel like Oakenfold was preaching to the converted."

Besides, I found a snippet of it on www.u2exit.com.

Krist

kristbg said:
Update: the link to the audio snippet doesn't work. Too :censored: bad

Hi kristbg,

The link works now. ;) It was an issue that has now been corrected.

Cheers,
Kevin

Back
Top Bottom