Vertigo in concert.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My bet is that it will actually close the main set. Watch on RAH, when Bono sung Pride and then yells out "Iiiin theeee naaaame of looooove!" and falls backwards? I can see him screaming out "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeeeaaaahhhhh!" and falling back at the end of the main set too.

Bad
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Will Follow
Vertigo

What an ending to a main set that would be!

Axver said:
My bet is that it will actually close the main set. Watch on RAH, when Bono sung Pride and then yells out "Iiiin theeee naaaame of looooove!" and falls backwards? I can see him screaming out "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeeeaaaahhhhh!" and falling back at the end of the main set too.

Bad
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Will Follow
Vertigo

What an ending to a main set that would be!

I think they would open it because of the "Hello, Hello!" part. But whenever they play it at they're concerts....it's going to KICK MAJOR BUTT

The thing about Vertigo is that they'll be able to play flawlessly. With Beautiful Day, it was heavily synthesized making it difficult to reproduce live because of the special effects. Vertigo is more of a raw rock song that filled with adrenaline. This is going to be an amazing song to hear live.

anywhere in the setlist they want to drop that song is fine with me - think that it will be their opener though - it has an infectious energy that will set the crowd on fire

The way I see it, the show will begin with all the TVs just having www.htdaab.com's timer counting down from three with a computerized voice counting along, and when it gets to 0, the beginning part of Vertigo will play and Bono will start jumping around.

Murray said:
The way I see it, the show will begin with all the TVs just having www.htdaab.com's timer counting down from three with a computerized voice counting along, and when it gets to 0, the beginning part of Vertigo will play and Bono will start jumping around.

That would be awesome.

Axver said:
Watch on RAH, when Bono sung Pride and then yells out "Iiiin theeee naaaame of looooove!" and falls backwards?

That is probably my favourite moment of the entire film! Just the pure energy of it and then... boom, he just falls to ground. You have to love it because you know he's just poured his heart and soul into the song!

I have a feeling that each show will begin with about 5 or 6 songs off the new album just like when they toured for Achtung Baby.

This tour is going to showcase this album and the new U2.

It would be a great opener or end of the first set or anything! Anywhere it's going to be just AMAZING hearing it live... I mean, Elevation was a fantastic opening song live, but this...this is just gonna rock more than U2 has ever before. Everything Bono has said about the record - based on Vertigo anyway - is true... punk rock from Venus, Edge's angry guitar... brilliance.

im going to be going to as many concerts as i can... went to six on elevation, but if this song is an indication of the album/tour, good god, its going to rock and im going to need to go to more than six, maybe 11or12 like my brother last tour

Back
Top Bottom