Vertigo has hit Detroit!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eek! I spoke too soon... they just played it! :dance:

They're doing the Top 9 at 9... it was the number 8 requested song of the day... could be better, but when they only play it a few times the entire day, how are people supposed to hear it? :shrug:

89x does tend to play crap, although that wasn't always the case.

Anyway, tonight I was sitting in my room when I decided to see if I could find it on the radio. I turned it on, and lo and behold, it was just ending on WRIF, which, to those of you who live in Detroit, aren't especially known for playing U2. I thought that was kinda cool. :up:

you guys should really request your radio stations (by email/phone) if they aren't playing it enough.. im in toronto turned on the radio last night, not even sure what station it was at but the first thing i heard was the radio DJ saying that they were playing Vertigo at least once every hour.. all the major radio stations love U2 over here, so I have no worries :)

I'm a couple hours north of Detroit, and I'll be shocked if I hear much of "Vertigo" here at all. Stupid stations. :grumpy: I only hear old U2 goodies on the classic rock station.

PopAngel-- you're right. I remember 89X being the greatest station ten years ago when I was in high school. I left town and it went to hell.

Before the Internet was so popular and you could download or stream albums and sneak tracks, I remember 89X playing Zooropa in its entirety at 11pm the night before the album was released. I still have the notes I wrote as I heard each song played for the first time.

Ah...the good old days. now when I'm home, it's either flipping between 89X, 96.3 and whatever CDs my parents have around.

I used to live near detroit in the late 80's and early 90's. 89X was indeed the greatest station in the country at that time. Now they suck just as bad as every other "new rock alternative" station. let em hear your requests!

P.S. - It's number 1 on their hitlist now. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom