"vertigo" from the exclusive interview... question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

di_g

The Fly
what happened to this bit?

the guys describing Vertigo in the exclusive interference.com interview

"Then as you wait for a vocal you hear what appears to be the sound of someone pulling the power cord out of the wall as you are listening to vinyl on a turntable, then back into it—smash—soaring vocal and music"

it was vertigo you could hear this on on the beach recordings right? but its not in the radio one... or is it? i was so giddy listening to it i might have missed it everyone one of the 400 times i've heard it already

could this be an indication that the actual single or album version is quite different to what we heard yesterday or am i just confusing myself?

enlightenment anyone??

Yup, the beach clip seems to be different version. Hopefully we'll get that on the album!

Last edited:
iacrobat said:
Listen to the Spaniards beach clip again, you can here it in that version. The radio one we have seems to be different.

yeah thats what i thought. thought it was vertigo i could hear it on in the beach recordings but wasnt certain?

i quite liked that, hope it comes back on the album...

This is indeed the single version, if you look at the formats for the new releases it states they are releasing a 'single' version. So I'd expect that the album version will hopefully include the power shortage moment, it's too sweet to leave out!

Dr_Macphisto said:
What are the beach recordings?

the really short leaked clips of vertigo, aboy, miracle drug and love &peace which were recorded by some spanish guys on a beach outside a villa u2 were stayign at. they come complete spanish commentary and waves crashing hence the beach recordings! :D

di_g said:
what happened to this bit?

the guys describing Vertigo in the exclusive interference.com interview

"Then as you wait for a vocal you hear what appears to be the sound of someone pulling the power cord out of the wall as you are listening to vinyl on a turntable, then back into it—smash—soaring vocal and music"

Radio hates dead air and U2 knows that. I'm counting on the "power cord effect" returning in other versions.

PopDaisy

Back
Top Bottom