VERTIGO (Extended J Version) mp3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lo-Fi said:

What's your e-mail address and I'll send mine off to you, it's 8meg in size.

Please, just post a link! There's no point in everyone publicly displaying their e-mail adresses! There are some pretty weird people out ther.

It's all for the safety of my fellow Interferencers!
:) :hug:

1.) A. J Good Stuff! How about a version of Vertigo with part of Edge’s new Batman Theme (i.e. near the end of it when The Edge lets loose / takes off – his guitar solo from :47 to :52 and then loop it twice?) and inserted at the 2:22 point where Bono sings the final “all this could be yours” and the “just give me what I want and no one gets hurt”? Vertigo could then have its “big solo”?! And at least this addition to Vertigo is from brand new U2 music released the same month as Vertigo’s release.
B. Maybe taking the guitar solo at the end of Electrical Storm and adding it near the end of Vertigo. Then we have a “baby solo” already there from 1:54 to 2:07 and then the “boy solo” from Batman Theme at 2:22 and then the “man solo” at let’s say 3:02. The “man solo” ES (Band Version) from 3:30 to 3:40 and/or from 4:00 to 4:15 could be spliced together? This addition is U2’s last released song and which has no album. It could make Edge happy since he said he preferred the Band Version and he felt bad that6 ES was homeless. It could be Vertigo (The Edge Mix)?!
2.) ArthDent Good Stuff! How about Vertigo (The Revenge Mix) – adding in Edge’s guitar solo from The Fly (2:09 – 3:06) at the 2:22 point where Bono sings the final “all this could be yours” and the “just give me what I want and no one gets hurt.” Vertigo could then have its “big solo”?! And a little revenge for The Edge leaving The Fly off of the Best Of 90s! At the end of The Fly solo the “power cut portion” of ArthDent’s “Extended Power Cut Mix” could be inserted and serve as a transition back into the finale of Vertigo? I agree with SmileyGladhands that the power cut portion could be extended a beat.
3.) Lo-Fi Good Stuff! How about Vertigo (The “Rhythm Section” Mix or The Jungle Mix!) Put in a section from “Let’s Go Native” (from Passengers) at 2:22?
P.S. the next day I read in the Q Magazine “Band Review” of Atomic Bomb that Vertigo was originally Native Son. Was Native Son in any relation to Let’s Go Native from the Passengers album? There is at least the similarity of both song titles using the word “native” and that both are heavily based “rhythm section” songs.

Hola amigos :wave:

Here´s my review of Vertigo (extended power cut mix) :cool:

First of all, for those who haven´t heard this version yet, the song remains intact until 1:45 :yes:, then our friend added several riff bars instead go to the bridge. After those 4 extra bars, the bridge comes. Sadly, the extra bars added is noticeable, no for the main instruments (Guitar, Bass & drums, those are perfectly sequenced) but is a sound like "crecendo" that introduces the bridge on the original version that remains here, and is suddenly cut, so you first listen this song you´ll notice something "weird" :scratch:. I think our friend should remove that sound :yes:

Then the song is the same (including guitar solo and "quiet" part)
and at 2:35 (when band stop on the original version) sadly there´re another noticeable transition, because our friend put a sound, but it´s too loud comparing with the overall balance :ohmy:

Then, the song is the same until 3:10, in which our friend gives his best, he removes all "Yeah, Yeah", that´s actually better than the original version !!!! ading some "Oh, Oh" that the band sings during second verse, I wish I had more "Oh, Oh", instead the extra Bono´s "FEEEEL" :up:

Sadly the ending is so quick, I think the original ending is better ...

so... my overall rating ?? :confused:

7/10

I think there´re great ideas on this mix, but needed more work :cool:

Does anyone can make a mix between "Vertigo" and "Vertigo (Jacknife Club Remix)" ?? :bow:

I know this version will blow away the original version we all have, because has different guitars, also while Bono´s singing there´s another riff, rather than the same !!!!!

Come on guys, I know you can do it

Pokine did you get the latest version I made?
Extended Power Cut Mix v3

Think the ending got even better with the "yeah's" and Edges "hooooa" and a little sample from the batman theme ontop of the power segment..

Running time now 3:55

why is everybody trying to remix vertigo?
and most of all, why does everybody else want to listen to those remixes?

i don't get it.
Vertigo rocks,
if it was better any other way, the band would have done it the other way,
just enjoy it people.

no offence intended on anyone. but just having an audio editor isn't a reason for playing with a song, which contains so much work in it. i haven't heard any of the remixes, i don't imply they are bad, but i don't think there is a reason to hear them.. just my thoughts..

was the remixing thing over here whenever a new song would arrive (e.g Beautiful Day) or has it coincidentally started since Edge joined the forum?

I don't imply that the official version of Vertigo is bad either...
It works very well as it is.

Just having fun that's all. Experimenting was not forbidden last time i checked. Anyways thought the official version was a bit short, so I tried to add some stuff to it and throw some things around.. I'll mail it to you if you want so you can kill 4 minutes..

btw my mix is not the one originating this topic..
Just wanted to reply..

Lo-Fi said:
Hey Jick, check your inbox in about 15 mins, I've made a remix too! there's very little Edge, but plenty of Adam and Larry, see what you think! It's just for fun mind. I isolated the right ear and copied it to the left (where Edge is the most in the mix) made a very intresting mix.

Plennty of Adam and Larry That sounds very interesting!

Would you mind sending me your remix, please?

flavia_cobas@yahoo.com.ar

Thanks a bunch! :wave:

If you guys want my Extended Power Cut Mix come over to the thread with the same name and post yer e-mails.. makes it easier for me..

Thanks..

Back
Top Bottom