Vertigo day 2....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Ok, now that we're into the second day of the Vertigo groove, have your thoughts changed?
I can't get over how great it is. It was friggin AWESOME blasting it from my car while driving to school this morning.
I think its going to be a mega hit. Why? Because you can't get the hook out of your head. That was part of the success of Beautiful Day...it had a great hook that people would walk around singing. I think that's the case, even more so with Vertigo. :D

I woke up with the "whoaa" bits and the chorus locked in my head :D ..definitely an addictive song..exactly the sort of song they need to do at this stage of their career instead of lapsing into middle-age Sting-esque crap! ;)

I was walking across the community football field to school hollering, ""Girl with crimson nails, Jesus round her neck, swinging to the music, swinging to the music, OHHHHHHH OHHHHH!" (that is, by far and away, my favorite part of the song.) And then I got to the computer lab and listened to it a few more times before tearing myself away to go finish my homework. :madspit:

I talked about it with my friends who had listened to it. Quite amusing, really, when I said "hello hello" and one replied "I'm at a place called Vertigo!" Heh, dorks.:p

I'm going camping this weekend, so I'm going to call up radio stations and see if they have it- and request it on the way to the campsite! :D

Last edited:
Sleep Over Jack said:
I woke up with the "whoaa" bits and the chorus locked in my head :D ..definitely an addictive song..exactly the sort of song they need to do at this stage of their career instead of lapsing into middle-age Sting-esque crap! ;)
Now, now Jack - we are all entitled to our own opinions, but I just saw Sting w/Annie Lennox the beginning of this month and he was great!

Granted, he doesn't do the rocking stuff solo he did w/the Police, but he's still one hell of a performer. Played at least an hour & 45 minutes and did the absolute BEST live version of Roxanne that I've ever heard! :up:

Plus, it didn't hurt that he looked as HOT as ever!! :sexywink:

I feel better about the song now than I did yesterday. That guitar part rips into my body like never before. What I like most about the song is that the guitar is full throttle. There's very little tampering. Sounds like its live!

BluRmGrl said:

Now, now Jack - we are all entitled to our own opinions, but I just saw Sting w/Annie Lennox the beginning of this month and he was great!

Granted, he doesn't do the rocking stuff solo he did w/the Police, but he's still one hell of a performer. Played at least an hour & 45 minutes and did the absolute BEST live version of Roxanne that I've ever heard! :up:

Plus, it didn't hurt that he looked as HOT as ever!! :sexywink:

I knew a Sting loyalist would bite! :D ;)

Back
Top Bottom