Vertigo Chicago vs Vertigo Milan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And Yeah , Chicago also suffers from this :

anna_hamish.jpg

:tsk: :tsk:

Why didn't they fire him already ...... :tsk:

Bring Back this gentleman :

david-mallet.jpg
:rockon:

well just seen milan, and really really liked it, but would have to see the whole thing before i could even compare it to slane etc, but from what i did see, i would take it over chigago any day (and i do like the chigago DVD)

i love elevation from milan, he has them in the palm of his hand

p.s. when does the petition start for this one :p

Last edited:
I think the Chicago DVD catches U2 at the most exciting time of the tour. Early on when everything is fresh, but right when they are hitting their stride. You can see the excitement in their faces as the tour is just taking off.

In the Milan DVD you can tell the band is already bored of the tour and playing the same old songs. You can tell Bono is already thinking about the post show party as he struggles to get through the songs. You can tell the crowd is quite disappointed as well.

So Chicago wins for me hands down.

Chizip said:
I think the Chicago DVD catches U2 at the most exciting time of the tour. Early on when everything is fresh, but right when they are hitting their stride. You can see the excitement in their faces as the tour is just taking off.

In the Milan DVD you can tell the band is already bored of the tour and playing the same old songs. You can tell Bono is already thinking about the post show party as he struggles to get through the songs. You can tell the crowd is quite disappointed as well.

So Chicago wins for me hands down.
lol :p

never ever know when to take u serious lol

KUEFC09U2 said:
well just seen milan, and really really liked it, but would have to see the whole thing before i could even compare it to slane etc, but from what i did see, i would take it over chigago any day (and i do like the chigago DVD)

i love elevation from milan, he has them in the palm of his hand

p.s. when does the petition start for this one :p

I want thIS DVD :drool: :drool:

the scariest part is that i actually agree with some of the stuff in chizip's post. the band does look bored on the milan dvd.

U2Man said:
the scariest part is that i actually agree with some of the stuff in chizip's post. the band does look bored on the milan dvd.
adam and edges faces during elevation

also adam spinning around, edges dance druing IWF, bono swinging the girl round during AIWIY

enough said

bono just looks horny during the scene with the girl. nothing new there.

adam, edge and bono look bored the rest of the time. you can tell just by the look on their faces.

U2Man said:
bono just looks horny during the scene with the girl. nothing new there.

adam, edge and bono look bored the rest of the time. you can tell just by the look on their faces.
wouldnt of that thet personally but oh well

:lol: Bored crowd and band. Good one.

On another note, where are all the "I HATE HAMISH HAMILTON" people when Slane or Milan are mentioned?
The same guy directed those DVDs. (and I don't think his work is that much better than Boston or Chicago)

Last edited:
well slane and milan aren't anywhere near ZOO-TV Sydney, if we're talking about directing and editing.

TaraVoX said:
I Think Chicago has its goods and bads and the same wif milan , i love them both... but nothing can ever beet slane castle , omg best version of all i want is you.. nothing beats
all i want is you/ streets - slane castle

have you seen ZooTV f/ Sydney? Its tops all time, then probably Slane. To me AIWIY from Milan sounds like the Slane version.

oh yeah, Chicago DVD sucks, worst DVD by u2 ever. :down:

I tried watching it after watching the ZooTV dvd and it was terrible. At least Milan they are alive, and the huge crowd seemed into it. Why is it European shows always look better on DVD / VHS than the N American shows?

The stage is so much better, love the sky at the beginning as it started to get dark. The band sound pretty good.

Im hoping for another dvd to come out of this... a full one would be nice. And PoPmart of course.

MILAN all the way U2 should always remember to release DVD of shows outside of USA as the crowd in USA always looks dead compared to Europe / australia / south america

Frankly I prefer a more sophisticated, intelligent crowd who absorbs and analyzes the music, and indulges in all its goodness rather than a crowd that acts like a bunch of baboons jumping around and yelling the whole time

the girl with her pants falling off in milan is really pretty ridiculous. nobody's pants fall off in chicago, so chicago wins.

cg said:
the girl with her pants falling off in milan is really pretty ridiculous. nobody's pants fall off in chicago, so chicago wins.

that loses points for you why?

Watched Milan, it's amazing, just a shame that they did not release it as a proper DVD. Crowd, show and band are just great!

pepokiss said:
they should have released TORONTO... not chicago...

or maybe a MSG... when is U2 releasing a MSG show?... next tour maybe, along with the Santiago 2009 DVD :wink:

Toronto. :drool: Some of Toronto 4 was filmed, fast cars and discotheque. Can't remember what else?

Anyone know what happened to that footage? I think someone said it was Lianne Lunson ( sp?!)

Or they should have filmed Chicago on leg 2 in September. :combust:

StlElevation said:

that loses points for you why?

it loses points because bono comes off as a creepy-old-man caressing a young girl as her pants fall off.

U2 need to give up filming concerts in the US. Two big U2 cities, Boston and Chicago, both got a turn at hosting concert DVD's and the crowds look comatose in both. Pathetic! I'm from Australia and I don't think our crowds are all that great by the way.

Nothing compares to Spanish and Italian crowds. Anybody here watched the Bruce Springsteen Barcelona concert DVD from The Rising Tour? Man oh man, its the best crowd I've ever seen/heard on a concert DVD. U2 need to follow suit and film in southern Europe.

U2 should film in Europe or S. America :yes:
But I'm expecting "live from New York" DVD for next tour.

Back
Top Bottom