Vertigo BEATING Eminem on iTunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea! I actually like some of Eminem's songs & his 2nd album is good. But that new song is the worst "rap" song I've heard this year, right up there with that Nelly song. I don't know if his new album is going to do well after the 1st week if that's one of the best songs. Hopefully, there's a big 2nd week drop & U2 will debut at #1 selling 500K

I love these types of posts it gives me a chance to go back to amazon to check the sales rank.........

Sunday (when the link went up); 1077

Right Now: 23 - with 55 days until its release in the U.S.

My objective is to see it at #1.

I have my own little marketing campaign going and have convinced a lot of my friends & family (who won't be camping outside the store on release day) to Pre-order it.

In fact I'm pretty close to getting my 70 year-old mother in Miami to preorder a copy.

i like eminem, however i'm not a fan of this song.

that said, his first single is always a more "pop" like song... his pop songs aren't why i like him... it's his dark, introspective songs such as 8 mile road or the way i am or cleanin' out my closet... that's what makes him a great lyricist. that said, there's really only so long you can play the angry white boy ticket before ya run out of ideas. :shrug: only time will tell.

ahhhhhhhhh... dont fuckin jinx it by posting it out loud like tha!!!!! ;)

In the future, just say something like "hey check out the itunes store" :)

However, speaking of iTunes; Apple is going to expand its Music Store service to cover most of Western Europe within the next few weeks. My understanding is that a lot of the trouble getting "global" coverage has more to do with recording industry more than anything. Even with iTunes, the recording industry makes a killing off this stuff. I think Apple gets 4 cents for every 99 cent song sold. The copyright holder gets about 62 cents or more, and the music publisher gets the rest.

riteshbhatt1 said:
Yea! I actually like some of Eminem's songs & his 2nd album is good. But that new song is the worst "rap" song I've heard this year, right up there with that Nelly song. I don't know if his new album is going to do well after the 1st week if that's one of the best songs. Hopefully, there's a big 2nd week drop & U2 will debut at #1 selling 500K

I agree completely.

I'm not a big rap fan, but I do find myself enjoying Eminem's hit songs. However, I heard his new song this morning and YIKES! That was horrid! It had a terrible beat and I didn't even think the rap was good. I thought that perhaps it was just me, but it appears not.

Still, I'm sure Eminem's album will debut at #1 with 500,000-1,000,000 copies sold (or more) and will probably still be #1 when U2's album debuts (most likely at #2).

AussieU2fanman said:
Eminem and his 'dogs' represent everything that's bad in the world. Argue with me

Argue? I'd prefer to agree. When I'm in a bad mood, even the mention of Eminem can be enough to seriously bother me.

While Eminem can rap well...what he chooses to rap about is just intended to get a rise outta people. Why do I want to hear about some "bitch" getting killed and buried in the backyard? Gimme the U2 soul anyday...

Got to agree with Headache here, I dont like any of his pop hits he releases as the first singles off his album. It's the darker ones that stick on to me. And grbounds, he is the best rapper in the world today. That being said, don't like the new song at all but will still buy the new CD the week it comes out :wink:

He may have a very shallow talent for talking fast, but he delivers this 'talent' the wrong way, not helping anybody, unlike U2. He sings about drugs, abusing women, more drugs and 'giving up\suicide.'
Go enimem, you are a true inspiration to all those people out there. :rolleyes:

do you think people in the eminem fan forum are like "man! i can't believe u2 is #1 on izzletunes!!!!!!!!! bono can't even rap!!! i mean rock-and-roll is SOOOO whack!!! i think "just lose it" is so energetic and exciting! dj mc crazy mofo hasn't used loops in this fashion before!!! word."

Anirban said:
do you think people in the eminem fan forum are like "man! i can't believe u2 is #1 on izzletunes!!!!!!!!! bono can't even rap!!! i mean rock-and-roll is SOOOO whack!!! i think "just lose it" is so energetic and exciting! dj mc crazy mofo hasn't used loops in this fashion before!!! word."

You need more 'da's' and other made up words, and your sentences are far too coherent, I can actually understand what you are trying to say. Please try mashing the keyboard with your palm in order to fully capture the essence of what these types of people's English skills are really like.

LOL...I see the love you guys have for hip hop. I'm not into hip hop anymore but even when I used to be a big fan (when it was good), u2 have always been my favorite band.

AussieU2fanman said:

You need more 'da's' and other made up words, and your sentences are far too coherent, I can actually understand what you are trying to say. Please try mashing the keyboard with your palm in order to fully capture the essence of what these types of people's English skills are really like.

HA. Good call!

Anirban said:

:laugh:

The new Em track is a shocker, really self indulgent. Hell he even references his own tracks in it. It's tongue in cheek, but fails miserably, yet another comedy track. He's done too many of his own and with D12. The dude is just becoming a clown. Not impressed at all. Maybe he's showed us all his tricks over the course of his albums, no wonder he's talking about just becoming a producer some time in the future.

I think U2 deserve their No. 1 on the I-Tunes download chart. Good on 'em.

Em songs that I like:

Stan
Without Me
Cleanin' Out My Closet
Sing for the Moment
Lose Yourself

I hate most of his more lighthearted songs.. well Without Me was lighthearted but he pulled it off well, but the other songs that I mentioned are really great because of how great the lyrics/atmosphere are in those songs... "Just Lose" doesn't fit in those list of great songs IMO

AussieU2fanman said:
Eminem and his 'dogs' represent everything that's bad in the world. Argue with me

Quite frankly, I can't argue with you at all. :wink:

He actually thinks people care if his mom didn't love him and he had to grow up on the streets. Yeah, it sucks and I feel bad for him, but he makes every song about that, or about the fact that he's slim shady. I hope this album bombs so he'll disapear like he should have a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom