Vertigo and Elevation have one thing in common...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Remember on the Elevation tour when Bono would sing it night after night, in the Boston DVD you can hear him sing the "Whooo whooo...." and he tries hard to do it and then he sings, "A star, it looked like a cigar, strung out like a guitar..." and he sounds short of breath or not able to sing that line...

However in the Slane Castle DVD, it sounds strong, cocky and crisp.

Now, Vertigo ties into this because Bono is trying to match the CD vocals of "Except you, give me something, I can feel... fe-e-l!" Bono has been on and off with the 'feel' and 'How to need you, need you!" parts of Vertigo. One part is the "How..." when on the CD it soars, but in recent performances, Bono keeps it on a minimum... Like after the "Feel..." it sorta strains his voice from saying "Feel" again, also with the "Need you..."

So I've thought and compared, that Vertigo will be a song that will sound good some nights (vocally) and fair (but not the greatest) some other nights.

Last edited:
I'm sure it'll sound good most nights. You know the crowd will be singing along so loud it won't really matter anyway.

BTW, the line is "your love is teaching how to kneel." The wrong lyrics make the post a bit confusing.

I don't know what are you talking about, but both Elevation and Vertigo are stupid songs(lyrically) and great for wider masses

I don't know what are you talking about, but both Elevation and Vertigo are stupid songs(lyrically) and great for wider masses

and the elevation line goes "a star, lit up like a cigar" ..
but bono does change the lyrics sometimes live, it´s not such a big deal if it´s just little things...

umm.. then why did I post this? :uhoh:
I don´t know.........

AMAZING for large masses, elevation is a great song to jump up and down to!

Pero said:
He's not talking about the lyrics or the stupidity thereof but about Bono's ability to sing them strongly live.
Pero said:
He's not talking about the lyrics or the stupidity thereof but about Bono's ability to sing them strongly live.

i love the lyrics for both songs!

I was under the impression that people only thought elevation's lyrics were stupid until they looked up the bible, then they realised that although they might not be top notch, they werent that bad.

and vertigo... the best thing ive ever heard said about vertigo is that it is a "powerful message masquerading as a pop song"... or something along those lines anyway. cant believe ive forgotten the best thing i ever heard about vertigo :p

Back
Top Bottom