'Vertigo' allegedly will be played today on Southern CA radio station - pt5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he even aware that they were supposed to play Vertigo? If he isn't, then the station will just say, "oops! The song should have played but Henry Rollins came on and did his show without knowing! Sorry!"

I don't know why he hates them with such a passion. I always ffigured Bono must have snubbed him at one point or another.

This can't be legal....I mean it just can't. This was misuse of U2...you can't say your gonna do something like that. I'm not going to email Shithead Rollins but you bet your ass I'm emailing the radio station.

I listed links to email and call the station. Flood the place all week and let them know how you feel. Let them know that you are going to call all of the companies that advertised on that program all day and let them know how you feel as well. Radio stations depend on those advertisers. They'll know that's what will hurt them most. Don't let them get away with this!

Lets get a class action law suit going and sue this wanker for false advertising!

My theory: Indie 103 has a fued going with their main competition, KROQ. KROQ has made sure that Indie couldn't set up at a few festivals, etc. and they indirectly refer to KROQ by a few choice names during some of their promos.

KROQ probably does have first rights to Vertigo and this was Indie's little joke, at the expense of U2 fans.

Just a thought but I've been listing to Indie since it went on the air and it just didn't seem like a U2 marathon kind of station.

Cutters10C said:
I don't know why he hates them with such a passion. I always ffigured Bono must have snubbed him at one point or another.

Well...Rollins is gay--maybe Bono turned him down once. :madspit:

I'm seriously flooding the station with emails...you can't do that. I wonder how U2 would feel if they heard about these shenanigans?

StlElevation said:
who IS henry rollins anyway? never heard of him

He does solo stuff...and spoken word...but there's also Black Flag. I have no problem with Black Flag. I hate that Rollins hates U2, but...ya know...Black Flag!!

username said:
I listed links to email and call the station. Flood the place all week and let them know how you feel. Let them know that you are going to call all of the companies that advertised on that program all day and let them know how you feel as well. Radio stations depend on those advertisers. They'll know that's what will hurt them most. Don't let them get away with this!

i just sent this to the complaints email at the station

How in the hell can you do that to all the people across the country and the world that took the time to listen to your radio on the web or whereever and treat them like shit by pulling the plug on the U2 music. It's not even the marathon, but the fact that you promoted the new song being released. This is the biggest case of false advertisement and your station can be sure that it will never be heard from on my computer and many that use the U2 Feedback Forum. Feel fre to check out the complaints that will appear on that website. An apology as much a slap in the face as it would be is at the very least deserving of the many who wasted their time to listen to your trashball station. \

then i sent about five more emails just to be a dick to them as theyve been to us im sure ill send a few more

i bet they got huge ratings today and lost them all the second henry came on the air and opened his mouth.

U2 would not pull this crap with their fans. It's not their dealings. I am sure they'd be pissed about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom