'Vertigo' allegedly will be played today on Southern CA radio station - pt5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at least I won't have to stay up until 3am. I can now go and actually do the stuff I was supposed to do whist engaging in this silliness...

david said:

Email the station...not Rollins. I've just sent 3 email.

To the other poster...I agree, seriously how can we go about the legalities of this? This station owes apologies to alot of people and I'm sure U2 would be pissed that they were used by a piece of shit radio station for a publicity stunt.

complain@indie1031.fm

guys keep bloody listening! They are bound to play it after the NUMEROUS complaints! Everyone is outraged and the station couldn't cope with it, they must play it!

E-mail everyone but Rollins. As someone said earlier, e-mail the sponsers, because they're the ones who matter.

So in other words, e-mail the ones who conform to your back.

And when Henry came on, he did indeed talk about U2 and went nuts about how they were having a marathon, and then was really happy because he got to change it whatever it is he's playing now.

AussieU2fanman said:
guys keep bloody listening! They are bound to play it after the NUMEROUS complaints! Everyone is outraged and the station couldn't cope with it, they must play it!

Nobody's there! Nobody's reading the emails. Only Rollins is in the building.

even if they did have it i wouldnt want to listen to their copy. its tarnished as is. i will never listen to that station again. best thing is i wouldnt have known who they were and i wont be missing much anyways.

Yes. Finally, I get to use the word jackhole.
But is Henry Rollings Nasa Recognized?
Does his body conform to his bed?
And when will he snap out of his denial and admit that he needs new windows?

I kinda pity the man. Mandatory car insurance. Recycled taccos. All alone with only an studio engineer to warm up his nights. Sigh.

Earlier today, during your 24 hour U2 marathon, you stated that you'd be playing the new U2 single "Vertigo". Well, Henry Rollins decided to roll on into your station apparently and cut the marathon short. Me, and PLENTY of other people across the WORLD have been waiting to hear that song for more than four years, and Rollins, this guy who apparently was turned down as a gay lover by Bono in the past decides to cut the marathon short just because he hates U2? What's the reason? We've been listening to this station for hours waiting for one song and you can't even give that to your fans? Well guess what Rollins, the ratings for your pathetic little station probably just dropped by about 50% when they heard your voice come up. Seriously, this is pissing ALOT of people off, including me. If you're going to advertise something all day long then actually let us hear want we want to hear!!! Well congratulations on alienating a large number of listeners today, morons.

They won't play it, cause they don't have it. This was a calculated PR stunt by a baby station trying to gain exposure. Email the station and complain, but not Rollins, he had nothing to do with this. This will end up hurting the station alot, as they'll have their credibility questioned by every other station in town. Even people who aren't U2 fans won't think it's cool.

take your wahoo fish tacos and shove em where the sun dont shine, indie 101.3... :shakes fist:

Bono's shades said:
Please, don't send that asshat e-mails. It would just feed his already overinflated ego. I wouldn't put it past him to read the e-mails on the air and make fun of U2 fans.

Seriously.....don't feed his enormous ego, :tsk: it's going to need it's own area code if we all send him angry emails.

I don't think it's Henry's fault either. 7pm Monday is his scheduled time. Now, if he came on the air and laughed and said FOOLED YA! Then maybe we could be rightfully pissed off at him.

Just email: complain@indie1031.fm

The station's homepage says Rollins' show is on from 7-9 p.m. on Mondays, so it looks like he will be on the air for about another hour and 15 minutes.

Elvis said:
I really have this odd feeling that it will still be played.

and then we all look even DUMBER than we originally did after all of this...

my mind hurts. i need to go to powerdirect.com and then order a wahoo fish taco and get a bed that conforms to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom