'Vertigo' allegedly will be played today on Southern CA radio station - pt4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anitram said:
I hope somebody is good to record this for those of us who actually have to get up at ungodly hours tomorrow morning.

Oh I'm recording it. Even if I have to stay up until 5:30 in the morning.

Anyways...I'm going to go to bed now. I'll get back up at 3:00-3:30 AM (because Vertigo is going to be the last song of this marathon).

Then I go back to sleep as a happy man.

you know... this was setup by Interscope. The only ones that can approve one artist being played this much non-stop on the radio is either the artist or the record label.

In short... this is a planned world premier.

Midnight is where the day begins!

Would have been cool if it was actually midnight...Stupid 11:30.

Someone keeps hanging up the phone at the station...I think they are full of shit about the song and realized what they did and arent answering their phones anymore

I'm really surprised this station can stream like this.

Years ago ('99/'00) stations would stream, but then the evil RIAA claimed that radio stations only paid for the right to play the songs on the radio, NOT for internet usage. To stream music, the evil RIAA wanted stations to pay for that as well. That meant paying twice for playing one song (the same song heard on the radio). Most stations couldn't afford this, so streaming stopped. Thus the luxury of being able to listen to your favorite radio station on your computer disappeared (thanks again to the evil RIAA). Hence I'm surprised this station is streaming music - not that I mind at all. :) So since they are probably already violating all sorts of RIAA rules, may as well break the Interscope one and play the new U2 song too. :lol:

Elvis said:
you know... this was setup by Interscope. The only ones that can approve one artist being played this much non-stop on the radio is either the artist or the record label.

In short... this is a planned world premier.

that sound encouraging. i may listen a while longer...........

Gees!!! I tried posting a second ago but the Part 3 thread closed. This is absolutely crazy how fast people are posting!!!

I totally caught this late, I usually only get to listen to Indie when I'm at work so since this is a holiday just caught it by luck. Am I to gather, then, that "Vertigo" has not yet been played?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom