'Vertigo' allegedly will be played today on Southern CA radio station - pt2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're gonna play it, but I bet it's a few hours away still. I'm thinking 8 or 9 LA time.

I can't remember if they played Gloria earlier on or not... my brain has basically turned to mush. Anyone know?

Layton said:
They're gonna play it

How do you know that? Like others have said a new user posted the info and new users that post "exclusives" and "hot new info" generally aren't too reliable.. ;)

SmileyGladhands said:

Aint that the truth, I think I'm gonna go have a smoke.

If you OSX users out there wanna record the stream (during bathroom breaks or whatever), I recommend a utility called WireTap - it's free and groovy

I recommend VLC Player ( www.videolan.org/vlc/ ) which I'm using to record the stream ... 65.1 mb ... 65.3 mb ... 63.5 mb

I wish I had a radio station and a copy of Vertigo and I would give you all better play lists AND play vertigo every hour on the hour...although...you'd stop listening when I played it and then I would be screwed...no, no...I would make you all wait for the new song...but I would play more than ES over and over...b-sides, rare stuff...you know...for the kids!

This morning around 10 AM, I was picking my friend up from LAX. We were listening to indie 103, surprised that they had played 4 u2 songs in a row. A promo came on calling the day monday bloody monday-24 hours of U2 and saying they would premiere a new U2 song. The promos seem to have been shortened since this morning, but that's what I heard.

GibsonGirl said:
I can't remember if they played Gloria earlier on or not... my brain has basically turned to mush. Anyone know?

Yes they have.

Yeehaw, looks like we're gonna ride some wild horses again...

I think the ipod likes ES and wild horses.

GibsonGirl said:

Some go the full 24 hours.

*Falls over*

Thinking about this though, if this station had a huge exclusive like this, they'd be letting everyone know about it no? Where are the announcers? We've been had. ;)

bstrdmonkey said:
This morning around 10 AM, I was picking my friend up from LAX. We were listening to indie 103, surprised that they had played 4 u2 songs in a row. A promo came on calling the day monday bloody monday-24 hours of U2 and saying they would premiere a new U2 song. The promos seem to have been shortened since this morning, but that's what I heard.

Of course you did! :)

yeah, if they were actually going to play it, they would be advertising it after every single song.

Black Math said:

How do you know that? Like others have said a new user posted the info and new users that post "exclusives" and "hot new info" generally aren't too reliable.. ;)

It's just an educated guess. It makes some sense to me that U2 would break their new song on a station like this. Supposedly it's a fresh sounding new rock album. That goes well with a fresh sounding new rock station from a marketing point of view.

*headdeskheaddeskheaddesk*

Not this one again!

I want to stop listening...but I know that if I do, I'd never be able to handle it if Vertigo actually came on. I mean, how cool would it be to be one of the first people in the public to hear the new U2 single in studio form?

SmileyGladhands said:

I was to stupid to figure out how to get VLC to work; so I used WireTap.

It takes a little doing, but WireTap looks cool. I'll have to download that and try it out sometime.

Layton said:

It's just an educated guess. It makes some sense to me that U2 would break their new song on a station like this. Supposedly it's a fresh sounding new rock album. That goes well with a fresh sounding new rock station from a marketing point of view.

Well yeah, but the circumstances are a bit suspect aren't they?:wink:

shart: From their site:

If you really wanna bitch, call us…
what the hell…it’s free
(877) 4-LA1031

Random observation: I joined in 2002 and am only posting now. Odd, eh? Well I guess that's one good thing about this whole hoax... I forgot how nice it was to post at U2 forums. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom