'Vertigo' allegedly will be played today on Southern CA radio station - pt2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They recycle everything in California. Bottles, cans, U2 playlists...everything!

I'm outta hear for now. I predict that when I come back in a couple of hours, they will be playing Electrical Storm.
(But I really need to do something about my high maintenance windows.)

The Sage said:
and in between me typing that line and posting it the thread has grown by over a page

I really should have quoted the post I was talking about, because of course by the time I had typed that and posted it, guess what had happened?

The rumor that Vertigo would be played today started in a post in the "Everything You Know Is Wrong" forum. Apparently a U2 livejournal community posted about it and someone posted that information here.

david said:
The rumor that Vertigo would be played today started in a post in the "Everything You Know Is Wrong" forum. Apparently a U2 livejournal community posted about it and someone posted that information here.

bump

I have an idea. When they take requests let's ALL call in and say we wanna hear Vertigo. Maybe he'll get fed up with us and just give in.

This wouldn't be today of course...

I quit, this ad break has been going on for 15 minutes...i'll be back when I get broadband...2 seconds of ads followed by 10 seconds 'accessing stream' is not my idea of fun :madspit:

I'm sure that I could be doing something far more productive than waiting for a U2 song that is never going to come on. At least not tonight, that is.

And yet, here I sit. My ass is beginning to hurt...

I know! I'll buy one of those damn mattresses!

From page 7 of the original thread:

Originally posted by bstrdmonkey

I was listening this morning, and they definitely were promoting the world premiere of the new U2 song today. I really do think the song will get played today on this station. This station is fairly new, but has already swallowed much of the audience of LA's alt rock giant-KROQ. It has garnered much press attention for it's somewhat free-range format. It also boasts radio shows hosted by Steve Jones(of the sex Pistols), Dave Navarro(Jane's addiction), and every U2 fan's favorite-Henry Rollins. I would be surprised if it wasn't played on this station today.

I was browsing my friends page on LiveJournal and found this to be relatively newsworthy.

Quote:
A friend of mine called me this morning to inform me of an all-day U2 onslaught on 103.1 here in So Cal. They're calling it Monday Bloody Monday and they are going to premier Vertigo sometime today...**DIES OF EXCITMENT.** You can either hear it on 103.1 in So Cal or LISTEN LIVE. Even if I don't here Vertigo today I'm just beside myself at the fact that they're playing songs that you never hear on the radio.

I AM OFFICIALLY DEAD in a good way!!!

EDIT: they may or may not play it because it's supposed to go to radio stations on 9/24. But they keep saying they'll play it. Who really knows. **Is a happy camper anyway**

So whoever said the station was going to play it was a friend of a friend of brown-eyed girl, a newbie.

It's not gonna happen. :tsk: Sounds like a plant from the station to get people to listen.

GibsonGirl said:
I'm sure that I could be doing something far more productive than waiting for a U2 song that is never going to come on. At least not tonight, that is.

And yet, here I sit. My ass is beginning to hurt...

I know! I'll buy one of those damn mattresses!

Aint that the truth, I think I'm gonna go have a smoke.

If you OSX users out there wanna record the stream (during bathroom breaks or whatever), I recommend a utility called WireTap - it's free and groovy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom