'Vertigo' allegedly will be played today on Southern CA radio station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know how long they've been playing constant U2 for? because honestly, by a good 5-6 hours into it, they're going to be scraping for songs, considering, for the most part, they're playing just singles.

i can't picture them playing something like "Is That All" or "Playboy Mansion".

so if they started at noon central time, mabye the real truth will come out in a couple hours.

this ad with the ghostbusters music makes me want to buy what they sell, then wayne gretzky chimes in to really finish the sell

well, I'm using VLC OpenSource player to record the live feed from the station... so for whatever it is worth, I might have a recorded version if they play it (if my VLC player doesn't crap out). We'll see.

Keeping my fingers crossed! Vertigo here we come!

I wouldn't believe it if not for the fact that (apparenlty) BBC Radio 1 have also said that they will be playing it this week. The BBC are at heart a law obiding and straight laced British establishment that would not say something like that if they weren't going to do it..

(apart from that Electrical Storm tape of course)...

I was listening this morning, and they definitely were promoting the world premiere of the new U2 song today. I really do think the song will get played today on this station. This station is fairly new, but has already swallowed much of the audience of LA's alt rock giant-KROQ. It has garnered much press attention for it's somewhat free-range format. It also boasts radio shows hosted by Steve Jones(of the sex Pistols), Dave Navarro(Jane's addiction), and every U2 fan's favorite-Henry Rollins. I would be surprised if it wasn't played on this station today.

and i really doubt that they have "Vertigo" on random on their winamp.

oh well, at least we get to listen to random U2.

bstrdmonkey said:
I was listening this morning, and they definitely were promoting the world premiere of the new U2 song today. I really do think the song will get played today on this station. This station is fairly new, but has already swallowed much of the audience of LA's alt rock giant-KROQ. It has garnered much press attention for it's somewhat free-range format. It also boasts radio shows hosted by Steve Jones(of the sex Pistols), Dave Navarro(Jane's addiction), and every U2 fan's favorite-Henry Rollins. I would be surprised if it wasn't played on this station today.

you're not supposed to say stuff like that. i had just fully accepted the fact that they're not going to play it today. lol!

adam3000 said:
well, I'm using VLC OpenSource player to record the live feed from the station... so for whatever it is worth, I might have a recorded version if they play it (if my VLC player doesn't crap out). We'll see.

Keeping my fingers crossed! Vertigo here we come!

Could someone let me know when they play it? I'm jamming with "the Shins" today.

A radio station with Henry Rollins is playing an all U2 block and are threatening to premiere their next single before anyone else? How ironic.

The execs from Interscope were making the rounds last week with the Ipods letting everyone listen to the song. Perhaps this station was like, "we're going to be having a U2 marathon next monday, can we play it?" I think i almost convinced myself, almost...

ZigZag said:
I Fall Down? So much for only have 10 U2 songs on random...

exactly. looks like we're going to have to sit through "The Refugee" before even thinking of hearing a new tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom