Vertigo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is an awesome song.
Is it just me or does it seem as if Vertigo doesn't really fit with the rest of the album? I don't know how to explain it really. It has a bit of a different sound. Rougher? or more of a full on rock sound?
Either way, it's a great song and the album rocks. I can't wait to go buy my own copy in few weeks.

Mine's One Step Closer. Can't understand why people seem to think it's weak. It reminds me of the finest Lou Reed ballad.

I think Vertigo fits perfectly. If you buy my interpretation of the album as a continuation of AB, with the same central character struggling to answer questions of himself and the nature of the world and love then Vertigo is a explosive confrontation of the doubt of the answers and the rest of the album is an exploration of them.

Yeah, it fits.

Quiggs wrote
Is it just me or does it seem as if Vertigo doesn't really fit with the rest of the album? I don't know how to explain it really.

I see what you're saying. I think its kinda the same with Discotheque and Pop.

I don't think that Vertigo is out of place. I think that we have just heard it so much that it sounds out of place now. It's so familiar that compared to the newer songs it sounds strange. Give this album 2 or 3 months and it will all sound perfect. Trust me.:ohmy:

Quiggs said:
It is an awesome song.
Is it just me or does it seem as if Vertigo doesn't really fit with the rest of the album? I don't know how to explain it really. It has a bit of a different sound. Rougher? or more of a full on rock sound?
Either way, it's a great song and the album rocks. I can't wait to go buy my own copy in few weeks.

I have only herd clips of the rest of the songs but I know what you mean!!

smk1379 said:

I have only herd clips of the rest of the songs but I know what you mean!!

Ok, how do people at this forum NOT have the album?

Well here's wishing you a happy Christmas!! The ironic thing about smk1379 not having it is all of us in this forum who bought multiple copies when the album came out. By the time Christmas comes I will have purchased 4 to 5 copies (not all for me of course).

Back
Top Bottom