version of the album leaked, not the real version?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hawk269 said:
Until someone corroborates Shono's version of the events at the fanfest in Toronto, I am not believing in this planned leak theory. There have already been too many lies on this message board these past few months for me to be that trusting.

Surely, if it happened, we would be seeing more people on here telling us because record reps handing out new album CD's would create a firestorm at an event like that. No matter how drunk people were, they would be all over that. We ARE talking about U2 fans here, people.

This is my perspective based on the email I keep seeing on MY computer. As a member of U2GTA I get a flood of email every time I log on. It's worth noting all this email is NOT directed at me, I just see everyone else’s ramblings. If I could figure out how to avoid receiving copies of other member’s emails every time I logged onto the Internet, I would be thrilled.

Honestly, I don't care what happened at Into The Heart. I didn't go and frankly, it all seems rather exclusive anyway. All I know is that for a few days afterward, many of the U2GTA regulars that went to the event were messaging back and forth that Universal Canada people had handed them copies of the entire album.

You likely won't find many of those people volunteering that information on a public forum, but to satisfy those who doubt my information I would ask any of the U2GTA regulars to back me up and admit to interference that it did happen.

It is also worth noting that most rock radio stations in Ontario have been playing the new tracks from the disc on an hourly basis, promoted as "exclusives". This started Monday a.m. which would indicate Universal Canada had given their blessing prior to close of business on Friday. Either way there seems to be a big problem here. They (Universal) APPEAR to be making this available to fans and media alike well in advance of the original release date.

I guess I take exception with those people who doubt the truth behind my comments. I never said this info was gospel, I just passed on what I have read in these emails which I cannot seem to stop receiving. Based on the content of those emails (legitimate or not) I merely deduced that if this is truly happening, there are deeper questions to be asked. Namely, was this leaked on purpose? Of course, it really doesn't matter as we have the CD now.

If you feel like this info isn't of any value, then I'm sorry I wasted your time. I thought this site was about a free sharing of information and ideas related to U2. I'll be sure to think twice about bringing any info to the "fan table" unless I have undeniable proof from now on.

The album is real. The track times match up to the pressing notes that circulated from Interscope records, and promo CDs of the album that are now circulating are identical to the leaked version. Also the Japanese versions have come out and those appear to be the same as well.

There are scans of the USA album at u2wanderer.org if anyone doubts that they are now out there.

Back
Top Bottom