various news on the album from several U2 sites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Good:

U2log.com reports the band invited everyone that worked on the album to a dinner party at the Clarence last Friday to thank them for their work and celebrate the completion of the latest U2 work. Also, the band recorded a video in France for the new album.
(first single, maybe?)

U2tour.de reports the album will apparently have 4 formats. LP/CD/limited edition CD with DVD/Box. The context of the box format is not known, but the limited edition CD with DVD goes along with what Dallas Schoo said in the interview.

Not so good, but maybe untrue:
atU2.com reports that U2 fear they may scrap the album following the theft/dissapearance of the rough cut CD in France.

Last edited:
Actually, about that last one, @U2.com wrote that MSN Entertainment UK reported that U2 may have to scrap their upcoming album. Considering the accuracy of various newspapers, this is again a case of not checking the facts and sensationalist reporting. :shrug:

I think they may be in for a surprise coming 22 November.

C ya!

Marty

That last rumor about scrapping the album really doesn't even make sense. What would be the point of scrapping 12 songs because some of them might leak a few months early in a possibly unfinished state? There's just no logic to that. I don't put any stock into that rumor...

But the first two are very good news!!! :hyper:

I think they should scrap the album.

That way they can take their time putting the follow-up to ATYCLB out and everyone here will be patient.

:|

I know! It confused me too, if anything the album will come out sooner if they're really that worried over that CD missing.

More interesting is this little blurb:

U2girl said:
U2tour.de reports the album will apparently have 4 formats. LP/CD/limited edition CD with DVD/Box. The context of the box format is not known, but the limited edition CD with DVD goes along with what Dallas Schoo said in the interview.

So a CD/DVD combo and maybe even a boxset! :hmm:

I want to have it!!! :hyper:

The more I think about it, the more this box edition could be U2's remaining outtakes/songs that didn't make it to previous albums - maybe hinting we are looking at U2's last work and they want to clean things up music-wise?

There is no way U2 would scrap the album. If they did I would go and slap Bono myself with this face.....:mad:

That report is totally bogus. I think its safe to say we have less than 45 days until we hear U2's new single....:drool:

I agree - there is no way they would scrap the album considering all the time, money and energy they have put into it. I realize the current situation is very very sad and unfortunate, but I really doubt they'd return to the studio and put the rush on a new CD in haste.

I seriously doubt that u2 would scrap this new album - I believe that all wheels are in motion for u2 world domination at this point (yeah!!!) what with the rock and roll hall of fame induction in March and subsquent tour plans
I also don't believe this is u2' final album release - I think u2 understands that for people to want to buy a CD - actually buy an actual CD and not a MP3 format version - it has to be special with nifty features - u2 has always been alway been a bit ahead of the technological curve - this is just another example

I bet ya the MSN entertainment reporter in his/her inifinite wisdom picked up the wire stories about U2 losing 'the album' and decided to embellish the news, sensationlize.

My guess is that some hack reporter doesn';t know the difference between a copy of the album being stolen and the actual masters. It's all the same to them, it gets people to go click over on their website.

The only thing they may be scrapping is the November 22nd release date.

It's not like they are going to NOT release the album or new material.

???

How can the media take this seriously? It is just baffling. If you notice the trend with all these stories, you'll see one media outlet regurgitating baseless rumors. Very little actual new information, or verified facts. Sensationalistic media at its best (worst?)

The only possibility of that is if U2 were dumb enough not to have copywrited their new material before carrying it around with them in public.

IANAL, but as far as I understand copyright law, they would still be protected even without filing an official copyright. The official copyrights are for materials in publication, but individua works are still "automatically" copyrighted to the author regardless.

I'd also like to see someone pull off the material as their own, hehe

elfyx said:

How can the media take this seriously? It is just baffling. If you notice the trend with all these stories, you'll see one media outlet regurgitating baseless rumors. Very little actual new information, or verified facts. Sensationalistic media at its best (worst?)

Yeah, really. Some of the "news" stories I've read since the stolen CD fiasco have been mind boggling. One of the last ones I read reported that the stolen CD was the only copy of the new songs and it was stolen in the bathroom at a pub. YEAH RIGHT. :huh:

Why in the world would they not release it? reporters... :shifty:

er yeah anyway. thanks U2girl. box set!! :hyper:

U2tour.de reports the album will apparently have 4 formats

The whole stolen CD babble is just static.. but this four formats info is very interesting. Could partially explain the lengthy recording process.. or be a result of the lengthy process.

Let's see what's inside the box.

ZigZag said:
NOTHING! Absolutly NOTHING! Stupid! You're so Stupid!

Hi there,
While we may not always agree with one another, name calling or personal attacks towards other members of the board is not allowed nor accepted here. Please read the FAQs if you have any questions on our forum rules.

Thanks!

Sicy said:

Hi there,
While we may not always agree with one another, name calling or personal attacks towards other members of the board is not allowed nor accepted here. Please read the FAQs if you have any questions on our forum rules.

Thanks!

Apparently not too many U2 fans have seen "UHF".

daafish said:

Well, It is a pretty old movie that didn't make much at the box office.

"WHEEL....OF.....FISH!"

But it was a top 10 DVD of the year in sales when it was released again a year or two ago.

...look, I just wanna know what's in the box too.

U2girl said:
maybe hinting we are looking at U2's last work and they want to clean things up music-wise?

thank you for your everlasting enthusiasm.you're probably right-they are breaking up just after the album release date.keep on spreading the words of wisdom.

Excuse me? :eyebrow:

The key word, if you didn't notice, was "maybe". It's no secret this album took longer to make than any other so far, and if I'm not mistaken, variuos "box set" collections turn up in the latter, if not final period of bands.

1 cd + 1 dvd + stupid booklet = box (also) = how to get your fans to pay more money

will probably work on me :up:

Back
Top Bottom