Van Dieman's Land

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I love Van Dieman's Land, the lyrics are really nice. But doesnt it sound too short and unfinished on the R&H CD? Is it longer in the film? I noticed the extra stanza in the CD liner notes, but its not included in the song. VDL seems to fade out too soon.

I am with you streets! I love Van Diemens' Land! I thought the film version was shorter though, I dunno. That song is very special to me, one of my earlier U2 memories. I remember putting pieces of a puzzle together in my U2 discovery and that song seemed to contrast nicely to a song like zooropa, which i also love. I really love U2, and I am grateful for them to have the balls to push the limits and still be so good in different creative styles.

:)

If I remember correctly, the version on R&H is directly cut from the film, which is why there is talking at the end. I wish they would have cut that part out. :slant: And yes, I agree.. I like the song, but it should have been longer.

Yeah in the Rattle and Hum liner, there's a whole extra verse to the song which isn't on the album. It just fades out before anything can be heard...

Back
Top Bottom