UV/Acrobat/Love is Blindness Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
Best 3 song or closing sequence on an album ever.

I just watched Love Is Blindness from the ZooTV Sydney show and it still packs an emotional punch.

These three songs in order remind me of why I began to love this band and music in general in the first place. 15 minutes of pure sonic bliss.

I'm getting all teary eyed just thinking about it. :sad:

Totally agree.
I work as a volunteer in an arthouse cinema and almost everytime when I open the doors to let people enter the movie hall (15 minutes prior to the start of the movie) I let them listen to these three songs, with One following it in case the start of the movie is delayed a bit.

:reject:

I prefer UV comparing to the other 2. But both are great songs. I'd like to see them on this tour, especially Ultraviolet

this closer is much stronger than JT, altough this one has One tree Hill :drool: :drool:

But i have to admit: I still prefer the three last songs of POP :reject: WAKE UP DEAD MAN :drool: :drool: :bow: :bow:

Almost for me
I prefer So Cruel, The Fly and Mysterious though :p
I can't actually listen to So Cruel without listening to the Fly After it.. haha

I definitely agree. Three great songs, growing progressively darker and darker...brilliant way to end an already amazing album.

Wow.. dude we think alike. I was gonna start a thread on this exact same topic yesterday. You can check my 'now playing' posts when I played 'the trilogy'. How many other albums have 3 of the best songs at the end???

Btw, I fell in love again with the intro to LIB... :drool:

It is... isn't it? I mean for all the personal lyrics Bono writes these days, could any of this compare to those from Achtung? :drool:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I listened to it last night and almost cried during the solo in Love is Blindness. It's just that good. :drool:

I know EXACTLY what you mean. Especially on the Sydney show. I get misty eyed every single time.

namkcuR said:

Pop's lyrics are even better.
AB comes in second.

And UV-Acrobat-Love Is Blindness :drool: :drool: :drool:

agreed.

The best closer to an album ever. I call them the Holy Trilogy :D all three songs are incredible alone, but together they create some kind of sonic saga... (ok, I admit it, I just wanted to use the word "sonic" :p ) everything about these songs are great, all three are in my top 25 (how could I only include one?) Edge's guitarwork especially is just brilliant, for example the solo in Love is Blindness as people were saying...just...incredible.

If U2 were ever to close a show with these three songs... :combust:

I just listened to it again on the drive home from work and damn near pulled over, got out of my truck, and kicked an armadillo because I'm so damn happy these three songs were written.

inmyplace13 said:
I just listened to it again on the drive home from work and damn near pulled over, got out of my truck, and kicked an armadillo because I'm so damn happy these three songs were written.

INDEED :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:lol:

You know I just listened to UV again, and something huge happened.

It officially overtook 'Hey Jude' as my favorite song of all time.

Back
Top Bottom