UV/Acrobat/Love is Blindness Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dunno... the so-called "trilogy of death" at the end of JT is pretty awesome too. Especially "Exit." I think that song is underrated. It's intense and dark.

U2 always seem to end there albums strongly, tho the UV/ACROBAT/LIB is the best

BOY: ELECTRIC CO-SHADOWS
OCTOBER: SCARLET-IS THAT ALL
WAR: 40
UF: MLK
JT: MOTHERS OF THE DISAPPEARED :drool:
R+H: ALL I WANT IS YOu:drool:
AB: THE trilogy
ZOOROPA: DIRTY DAY-WANDERER
POP: WAKE UP DEAD MAN
ATYCLB: TGBHF
HTDAAB: Yahweh-Fast CArs

ALL excellent endings

LIB is great, the other two are way overrrated IMO.

If U2 released Ultra Violet today, they would be hammered by a lot of people on here for being too 'Pop'.

Acrobat is certainly one of their master pieces when it comes to lyrics, I also love UV, but I'm not that much of a fan when it comes to LIB, it reminds me of those depressing parts of my life after break ups (i.e. being dumped :wink: )

Ultra Violet and Acrobat have utterly nothing to do with each other. One of the worst pairings on U2 albums. I don't see why people group them together.

Acrobat --> LIB, however, is an amazing pair. Almost enough to redeem Achtung Baby.

Axver said:
Ultra Violet and Acrobat have utterly nothing to do with each other. One of the worst pairings on U2 albums. I don't see why people group them together.

When I myself talk about all 3 of them, I mean because they're 3 of my favorite U2 songs all in a row. I don't think UV has anything to do with the other two, but Acrobat and LIB are definitely related.

So just to clarify, the reason I personally lump them together is because I think they're 3 of U2's finest all in a row to close out an album. That doesn't necessarily mean they have to relate to one another, although Acrobat and LIB do.

Acrobat --> LIB, however, is an amazing pair. Almost enough to redeem Achtung Baby. [/B][/QUOTE]

Achtung Baby needs redeeming?

Also, Grace is the ending of ATYCLB, what is TBGHTf or whatever that person said was the ending?

The Edge's guitar in LIB is amazing and perfect- love the ejaculatory solo effect.

Tennis05 said:

Also, Grace is the ending of ATYCLB, what is TBGHTf or whatever that person said was the ending?

The Ground Beneath Her Feet is the last track on some copies of the album.

If you want, I'll email it to you.

Tennis05 said:
Achtung Baby needs redeeming?

Yes, because it's one of U2's weakest albums, featuring lyrically shallow songs such as Even Better Than The Real Thing, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, and Ultra Violet, over-rated numbers such as One, and terrible track flow. What genius decided to follow the fluff of Ultra Violet with the dark brilliance of Acrobat?

Achtung would be better if it were just a six song EP of Until The End Of The World, The Fly, Acrobat, Love Is Blindness, Where Did It All Go Wrong?, and Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Remix).

The Ground Beneath Her Feet, which ends UK, Japanese, and Australian copies of ATYCLB. The album's much better for it, too.

Well, at least I agreed with one thing in your post. :wink:

Axver said:

The Ground Beneath Her Feet, which ends UK, Japanese, and Australian copies of ATYCLB. The album's much better for it, too.

But this is one of the things I love about this band and this community of fans. People like Axver prefer something completely different than someone like myself. That's why we can always have interesting debates and conversations around here. :up:

Ultraviolet :drool: :drool: close your eyes and listen to it... you will feel awesome

Acrobat, I never got into it has many of you but I still love it. The lyrics are the better in AB.

Love is Blindness :drool: :drool: :drool: great album closer, even better live. Beautiful song.

Great trilogy. One Tree Hill - Exit - Mothers is also great.

inmyplace13 said:
Well, at least I agreed with one thing in your post. :wink:

But this is one of the things I love about this band and this community of fans. People like Axver prefer something completely different than someone like myself. That's why we can always have interesting debates and conversations around here. :up:

That's the better thing. When people don't get their opinions and facts and accept the other opinions, it's really cool to see how much we disagree in some aspects.

Back
Top Bottom