US gasoline prices are starting to skyrocket...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even here they are double or triple and jumping by the minute. Lines are forming for miles and stations are closing down and running out. Is this just a panic or will we be going through this for a long haul???

Yeah the lines are forming here too. It took me 30 minutes to get gas at a station that's not more than 1/4 mile away.

Here in Oklahoma the governor said that the price gouging is occurring because people have the irrational idea that they must buy gas NOW. Because we are not under an official state of emergency/martial law, the gouging is not illegal.

He said that if you need gas, buy it. If you don't, don't worry about trying to get some today.

Still, it is disheartening to see the gas station across from my house, first with a huge line of cars, then with a sign that they have no more fuel. I think I'll just be waiting it out.

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:
Here in Oklahoma the governor said that the price gouging is occurring because people have the irrational idea that they must buy gas NOW. Because we are not under an official state of emergency/martial law, the gouging is not illegal.

He said that if you need gas, buy it. If you don't, don't worry about trying to get some today.

Still, it is disheartening to see the gas station across from my house, first with a huge line of cars, then with a sign that they have no more fuel. I think I'll just be waiting it out.

I'm with you HG, although i have a V-8, i do have 3/4 of a tank. I usually don't care much for GOV. Keating, but his comments today were reassuring, as he is a well spoken man.

V-8's rock.
biggrin.gif

But guzzle a hellova lot of gas.
frown.gif

Aint that right z edge.

------------------
The Chairs Are All Stacked
The Swinging's Stopped Swinging

Sicy's Website

Gas is still under $2 a gallon here. I'm stuck at work, but I just called my dad, and he said cars are linin' up like crazy. I really, REALLY need gas in my car too, or I don't know if I'll make it home.

Guess that's the least of worries though...

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

I agree, z edge, I don't much care for Keating as a politician, but he has been a great leader for Oklahoma in one, now two, times of crisis.

My car also has about 3/4 of a tank, so I'm not freaking out about gasoline. Trying to save a few bucks when our nation is having a crisis? I have more important things on my mind...

Yep, and i gotta go mow somebody's yard, then I'm gonna drive my ass home and do some praying.

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
V-8's rock.
biggrin.gif

But guzzle a hellova lot of gas.
frown.gif

I used to have a V-8...glad I don't anymore! Never be able to afford gas, if prices start soarin' 'round here!

------------------

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Gas is still under $2 a gallon here. I'm stuck at work, but I just called my dad, and he said cars are linin' up like crazy. I really, REALLY need gas in my car too, or I don't know if I'll make it home.

Guess that's the least of worries though...

Yeah, BC, I just went out and got it down the street from my house. $1.65-but there were lines forming behind me as I filled up.

Well, I needed gas for going home this weekend, so I was forced to buy it. In Lansing, I bought gas for $1.89 a gallon for 87 octane fuel (Regular Unleaded). It was $1.70 a gallon only a couple days ago.

I'm sure it will be frighteningly high the next few weeks, only due to hysteria, and not supply.

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

Originally posted by melon:
Well, I needed gas for going home this weekend, so I was forced to buy it. In Lansing, I bought gas for $1.89 a gallon for 87 octane fuel (Regular Unleaded). It was $1.70 a gallon only a couple days ago.

I'm sure it will be frighteningly high the next few weeks, only due to hysteria, and not supply.

Melon

Upon reading these posts I ran out to a gas station here in west Lansing to see if I could beat the gouge...it was $1.70/gallon. Fine. But there were about 80 cars lined 10-15 deep at each pump...screw that. I'll try in the morning.

Couldn't get to a gas station...the cars were lined up down the street...busy streets, at that. I will have to try tomorrow night...hope my car's gas will last!!! Lowest price I saw was $1.55, highest $1.89, so there's not much of a price change here...yet...

------------------

Just got back from buying gas...$1.89 a gallon, so that's not terrible. I had to go to three stations before I could find one to pull into though. Everybody is panicking, it seems.

I just pray the worst of it is over...and I'm not talking about the gas when I say that...

------------------

San Diego - gas, the same price as yesterday. No lines. The girl behind the counter was reading the newspaper. Reports of it going up to $2.00 per gallon. That is what we normally pay anyway

------------------
All we are saying is give peace a chance //oo\\

Back
Top Bottom