us and them: dark side of the moon is beautiful

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flag Pole Pear

Bordering Purgatory
what a great album.

truth is, i was listening to the radio, and us and them came on. i listened, and afterwards, the dj said which album it was off of, and also confirmed to me that it was indeed pink floyd.

the very next day i bought the cd. great great stuff. its like LISTENING to a book, if that makes sense...

------------------
-death bear

you're god damn right it's brilliant

now go out and get all the rest of their albums from the 70s or suffer the consequences

mother will they put me in the firing line?
oooohhhhh ahhhhhh...
of course momma's gonna help build The Wall

I used to listen to Pink Floyd all the time about six years ago. I don't listen to them much anymore, but you are right, Us and Them is an amazing song. You should get the Pulse Tour video. Great great great light show and music.

------------------
To use the old hippy saying, it ain't where you're from, it's where you're at. And right now. If you're listening to this CD, you're already watching the sunset in your mind, feeling the heat on your skin and whilling away the hours. Simply chilled. Best way to keep it, really. -Matthew Kershaw - Ibiza Sunset.

Damn straight! DSOTM is absolutley amazing!!
Time is such a great tune, real fun for guitar

Btw, it's hilarious how you always have a mad face for your threads!!
Pent up sexual frustration?

------------------
"We got no style...swagger...but no style"

I was born listening to this album (thanks dad).
smile.gif

But my favorite song on it is Time.

------------------
nudie magazine day!

Shit!! Just realized I haven't listened to this in months!! Now I know what I'm doing today.

------------------
nudie magazine day!

its great to see how everyone seems to like this album. and yes, i think im hilarious for having a mad face by all of my posts too. me, wanderer, and melon are pissed off no matter what. look out for us.

------------------
-death bear

I haven't listened to late 1960s-early 1970s rock since my fallout with an old roommate, who was obsessed with music from this era, but here are ones I love:

1) Pink Floyd - Ummagumma (Live), Saucerful of Secrets, Meddle
2) Arthur Brown - The Crazy World of Arthur Brown

Hmm...I used to have more, but I still can't get myself to listen to them. That's the last time I ever have roommates that aren't lovers...

Melon

------------------
How long must we sing this song?!

I love this album, and I've watched it with Wizard of Oz a few times--that's some crazy shit!

------------------
"A fanatic is one who won't change his mind and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

conclusion: The typical Interferencer is a fanatic

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
I love this album, and I've watched it with Wizard of Oz a few times--that's some crazy shit!

Does that really work? I mean, it seems too weird to be true. Even if they intended it to be that way, it would be almost impossible.

------------------
Change is the only constant

IRRELEVANT:

db...i still love you....before, well, that was a slip of the tongue. do forgive me, i know how fragile your ego can be at times. and anyway, why would you want to be grouped with those bunch of morons that i listed previously. mmmmm, you're...ah...far above them in my eyes..yeah.

*hopes it's not too late to redeem myself*
luv--brooke

[This message has been edited by TripThruUreWires (edited 09-20-2001).]

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Does that really work? I mean, it seems too weird to be true. Even if they intended it to be that way, it would be almost impossible.

YES! That's what I thought too... but certain transitions in the music flow so perfectly with the movie... it's really entertaining if nothing else.

For example, right when Dorothy walks into the land of the lollipop kids, and leaves her house, Gig in the Sky transfers into Money right as the door opens. Nifty
biggrin.gif

------------------
"A fanatic is one who won't change his mind and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

conclusion: The typical Interferencer is a fanatic

It certainly is db. Special occassion album IMHO. The vocal performance on great Gig In The Sky never fails to amaze me and make me feel good. David Gilmour is one of the foundation members of my good david club. Unique,deft, plus my sister and I thought he was a "spunk" way back then (very important musically). It and Division Bell are about the only 2 PF albums I listen to regularly because I have the CD version of them.

Another aside to my aside, lol, I had a galah years ago called Floyd , he was beautiful. Galahs are pink and grey Australian parrots btw. Pink Floyd ..get it? Just like I know have a python called Monty, how predictable.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 09-20-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom