Urgent-Need U2 quotes on Napster/MP3's etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_dopester

Babyface
I'm currently in the middle of doing an extensive article on Music distribution on the internet from the artists point of view. I've been trying to find specific quotes from members of U2 on the topic. I know Edge has said various things before but I need specific URL's to quote. They seem to be one of the only really high profile band actively promoting free distributiuon of their music. SO yeah if anyone KNOW the URL location of any quotes please post them
THANKS HEAPS
Dopey

This is prolly the most common one, if u havent got it already...
http://www.napster.com/speakout/artists.html

From which there's this from Bono...

"The Edge is very pro-Napster, actually," Bono says. "He thinks that as long as people are using their computers for music, and not playing mindless games, that's good. My feeling," he adds, "is that it's cool for people to share our music -- as long as no one is making money from the process. We tell people who come to our concerts that they can tape the shows if they want. I think it's cool that people are so passionate about our music -- especially about this new album, quite honestly."
-- Bono on The Edge (U2), Billboard.com, 9/29/2000

Hope that helps ya
smile.gif

thanks a bunch man. I don't know how I didn't see that page. crazy! anyway.
I swear there was a specific edge quote going into it in a fair bit of depth. But thats cool enough. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Dopey

Back
Top Bottom