Updated U2 Album Rank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
10:

Joshua Tree
All That You Can't Leave Behind
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
Unforgettable Fire
War

9:

How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
October
Boy

8:

Passengers - Original Soundtracks I
Rattle and Hum

6:

Pop

1-Achtung Baby (my favorite album by anyone)
2-Joshua Tree (simply majestic)
3-Zooropa (U2 at their zenith of creativity and quality as a combination)
4-Unforgettable Fire (Probably the same as Zooropa, only a slight notch behind on my particular list on this drunken eve)
5-War (I think HTDAAB might be better in the long run, but it's much too early to say that)
6-How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (can be as high as 3 or as low as 8, it's not old enough yet. )
7-Rattle and Hum (some of the studio tracks are great, overall it's sort of just, good.
8-POP (U2 offers us genius and mediocrity on the same album for the first time, this album is perplexing)
9-ATYCLB (almost boring, basic, a few outstanding tracks, overall much too "safe" for me personally)
10-Boy (energy in youth sparks a few good, if not great tracks and bunch of iffy material)
11-October (2 or 3 good to really good tracks and filler.)

Overall their catalog is quite good, if not great. I don't particularly care for ATYCLB, but there are a ton of people who do. I rank POP kind of low, but I actually think some of it is fucking genius, it's the lesser tracks that bog the album down. Everyone knows that is the most debatable album in U2's history.

But if you look at anyone's list on the whole thread and take the top 5, maybe 6 albums and that is equal to most bands entire careers. Then you add in the rest and you can easily see amongst many reasons why U2 is one of the greatest bands ever.

Classic:
Joshua Tree
Unforgettable Fire - there are certainly debatable issues with this disc, but three of the greatest live songs I've ever heard - "Bad", "Pride", and "Sort of Homecoming" - were born here. And "MLK" is a terrific lead-in to other live material...

Very Good:
Achtung
October
Zooropa

Solid:
ATYCLB
War

TBD:
Boy
Pop
--I continue to listen to these in hope of finding my way. It's still too early to call. ; )
Dismantle - I am encouraged, but I need time to let this evolve.

Live Bootleg:
Europa - insanely brilliant.

Okay, I have two album ranks. The first one is the musical quality/significance of the album. The second is how much I like them.

Musicial Quality/Significance
1. Achtung, Baby
2. The Joshua Tree
3. War
4. Boy
5. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
6. The Unforgettable Fire
7. All That You Can't Leave Behind
8. Zooropa
9. Pop
10. October
11. Rattle and Hum