Updated Song List as of May 21st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Here is a more organized recap.

Left off of Achtung Baby:
She's gonna blow your house down
Heaven and Hell
Chances

From the Outtakes-very little chance of these songs making the light of day.

Left off of Zooropa:
Untidy Life
Nosejob-described as a "crazy sounding song"
Jesus Drove Me
Piano: Poem
Landscape
Cry Baby
Indian Jam
Sponge
Lose Control
Squidgy
Bright Lights, Big City

All of these songs came from the U2 bible "Until the End of the World"...the songs are mentioned in what Flanigan called a Chinese menu when they were catagorizing the songs for the album. I would be surprised if any of these songs made it.

Left off of Pop:? Can't remember reading about any. The only curve ball thrown to fans was "Big Girls are Best" but any help here would be appriciated.

Left off of Behind:
Original of the Species*
Yesterday and Tomorrow*
Sun Moon Stars *
Sometime *
Stir My Soul
Stranded *
Bulldozer *
Levitation-Bono describes this song as a direction that the album could have gone.
Jubilee
Novelty Act-rumoured song to appear on Stuck in a Moment single.
Busy Bee-seen on Beautiful Day video. Again the white board under Elevation.

The proof of these most of these titles is from Propaganda. The white board was listed and these were songs listed. (*) Some of these songs are mentioned often and could land on the next album.

New and Improved:
One Step Closer to Knowing
Tough
Sometimes you can't make it on your own
A Man's a Man
You can't give your heart away
I Love You (played during the elevation tour on Edge's b-day)
All Because You (5/10)
Full Metal Jacket (11/04)
An American Prayer (12/02)
Native Son (2/14)
Lead Me in the Way I Should Go (2/22)
*Again (5/21)
*Try to Believe this (5/21)
**rumoured to be on the Tomb Raider II Sound Track

These songs I have read the band talking about. A very good chance we will see these songs. Don't really know about the sound track stuff but it is interesting anyway.

Woohoo!! I can't wait either.Bring It On!!! :hyper.

Off with the horn..
On with the show..

~MacPhisto~

I NEED to know something: is there ANY way to get these songs?? Do they exist? And why (I've done "research" on this too) everyone say that Novelty Act is "rumered" to be on the SIAMTYCGOO single?? It either is or isn't. And how did you get the song names for these songs? I believe you, I just want to know. Thanks.

This thread is nearly two years old. Don't expect it to be totally up-to-date. Kind of neat to look back on these things, though.

"Novelty Act" was not on "Stuck In A Moment," nor has it been released anywhere else.

The following songs actually have surfaced:
  • the Achtung, Baby songs are available on the Salome bootleg (if you can't find this, you have no bootleg-finding skills whatsoever)
  • "Levitate" is in The Complete U2
  • "One Step Closer" is on HTDAAB
  • "Tough" became "Sometimes You Can't Yadda Yadda Yadda"
  • "Sometimes You Can't Blah Blah Blah" is on HTDAAB
  • "Original of the Species" is on HTDAAB
  • "The Sun, the Moon, the Stars" became "Original of the Species"
  • "All Because of You" is on HTDAAB
  • "An American Prayer" was performed at some big important concert and released on that 46644646346464646664 or whatever live album
  • "Native Son" turned into "Vertigo" and is also in The Complete U2
  • "I Love You" was a live improv that we'll never hear another thing about, ever, so just forget about it (the verse melody was basically copped from "I'm Not Your Baby" anyway)
  • "Again" is apparently "Mercy," which is on...uh, exactly one mysterious person's advance copy of HTDAAB (that song's origins are really shady to me)
Most of these songs likely became other songs or got scrapped because they sucked.

The song names were found in old interviews, books, bootlegs, and so forth.

Last edited:
Palace_Hero said:
Erm...

has anyone ever considered that 'Mercy' is actually 'Again', and the real 'Mercy' has yet to surface?

If you have the HTDAAB book, you'll have all the proof you need that Mercy is in fact Mercy (ie; the title Mercy followed by the song's lyrics).

Alot of those Zooropa songs listed when on to become the Passengers songs...

Back
Top Bottom