Updated 18+(!!!) minute audio thanks to our...friends at U2achtung

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lancemc said:
I finally figured it out! Headlights Look Like Diamonds! THATS what 409 sounds like!

For those who don't know that song, it's from The Arcade Fire's debut EP, "Us Kids Know", and a fantastic song I might add.

Stop getting me excited, man. I'm only on 403 and I'm trying not to skip to the last one because I'm a massive Arcade Fire fan. I better not be disappointed. :wink:

To the songs so far though - :drool:

Utoo said:
Hey, just a thought.....but any thoughts of 409 being a re-worked bit of Mercy? :hmm: Bono's vocals at 1:02 AND 1:12-1:18 sound a he's saying "I feel born again," kind of in a similar way to the "I'm boorrnnn again" in Mercy........:hmm:
no way. besides the music was the great part about Mercy moreso than the lyrics

XHendrix24 said:

Stop getting me excited, man. I'm only on 403 and I'm trying not to skip to the last one because I'm a massive Arcade Fire fan. I better not be disappointed. :wink:

To the songs so far though - :drool:

Hehe, it's worth getting excited over. Never heard U2 like this before. I hope The Arcade Fire DID have an influence on the band, their two styles could blend into some amazing shit....much like 409:wink: . But don't get TOO Excited, it is only 2 minutes long. And I want MORE.

Canadiens1160 said:
LOL indeed. Actually it reminds me more of the Beatles.

Agreed! both that song and the All of my Life song remind me of The Beatles.

409 is great indeed :drool: I wish it was longer!! I definitely see the Arcade Fire comparison, and I love it. I love Adam and Larry on this especially!

I honestly think this doesn't fit in with the "trilogy" theory. It sounds pretty different than HTDAAB and ATYCLB. Hopefully they'll drop the long title nonsense too.

Nisse said:

no way. besides the music was the great part about Mercy moreso than the lyrics

i'm not saying the whole bit of 409 or the whole Mercy....just that snippet. i'm just wondering if all of Mercy was trashed and this snippet is all that survived

ANYway....sorry for starting a snowball mercy conversation! :rolleyes:

topplehatU2 said:
I honestly think this doesn't fit in with the "trilogy" theory. It sounds pretty different than HTDAAB and ATYCLB. Hopefully they'll drop the long title nonsense too.

its too early to tell:wink:

Listen to Bono's vocals around the 3:00 mark in 402. He sounds fantastic! And Edge's guitar work is top-notch here as well! I wish he had sounded like this on HTDAAB. :|

Utoo said:

i'm not saying the whole bit of 409 or the whole Mercy....just that snippet. i'm just wondering if all of Mercy was trashed and this snippet is all that survived

I kind of hope not, personally I love Mercy, but I feel like I'm in the minority on that one :shrug:

409 sounds so modern and hip, yet somehow different! I love it.

AtomicBono said:

Agreed! both that song and the All of my Life song remind me of The Beatles.

Definitely! I was just describing the songs on the phone to a friend and "late years Beatles" is what came to mind

AtomicBono said:

I kind of hope not, personally I love Mercy, but I feel like I'm in the minority on that one :shrug:

409 sounds so modern and hip, yet somehow different! I love it.

Agreed fully. I still love Mercy, and I'd love to hear it join these songs on the next album too!

:) I really want these songs and would appreciate it if some one could send them to me via e-mail after you saved them to your computer?

Is it just me or does the last 10 seconds of 409 sound like something from a Franz Ferdinand song? :huh:

hey maybe the end of 409 isn't a new song, but a continuation of the song...wouldn't that be great if U2 did something like Zooropa again, a song with totally different parts? :drool: though I guess it's unlikely since it completely stops for a second. but it could be...i LOVE the bassline at the very end

i'm so excited :hyper:

Utoo said:

Definitely! I was just describing the songs on the phone to a friend and "late years Beatles" is what came to mind

EXACTLY!

I've been having this inkling while listening to these songs in respect to U2's other work, and now it makes more sense.

I really feel this is comparable to U2's Abbey Road sound.

I tried uploading it to you Justin, but I don't think I email provider will let me attatch a file that large to it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom