Updated 18+(!!!) minute audio thanks to our...friends at U2achtung

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bsp77 said:

Maybe "Can't You See" is what sounded like Clocks before. I only slightly hear the resemblence now.

you can sort of hear it in the piano I guess of 400, but I was never like "omg it sounds like clocks!" :shrug:

403 is kind of boring, but there is something sublime about it, like The First Time... I like it because it's not over the top. It is what it is.

bsp77 said:

Maybe "Can't You See" is what sounded like Clocks before. I only slightly hear the resemblence now.

I don't hear it at all anymore.

409 sounds like U2 doing the Strokes justice. It rocks. And here's another reason why these songs are recorded and not live:

YOU CAN CLEARLY HEAR SOUND EFFECTS IN THAT ONE.

Some of these songs are done, people. :wink:

So, here's the big question. If we are really to get a new single this September, and it happens to be one of these tracks...which one?

I vote for 402. 409 should be (probably will be of course, like all these songs most likely) further developed and saved for the album.

discothequeLP said:
yeah, these songs are not live, they're recorded -- as the classic beach clips of 2 years ago were

That does not mean finished though. They may be listening to them to decide what needs to be done.

Oh, question!

What is the portion of the clips people keep relating to clocks? If it's that little bit at the end of the 8 min clip with the bouncy piano, I don't think it sounds like Coldplay at all.

Irishteen said:
All my life - 404 has to be the single, it's so catchy, it would be a success in my mind

Listening to that now... I was undecided about the chorus yesterday, thought maybe it was a little too cheesy, but now I must admit I found my foot tapping along to this song! and the melody during the verses is fantastic. This song reminds me of Original of the Species... with an amazing guitar solo :drool:

I finally figured it out! Headlights Look Like Diamonds! THATS what 409 sounds like!

For those who don't know that song, it's from The Arcade Fire's debut EP, "Us Kids Know", and a fantastic song I might add.

U2dork said:

I'm sorry. I'm slow at these things. What are the missing pieces here?

http : // rapid share. de /files/22870638/Daniel_Lanois_-_Thank_You .html

Lancemc said:
So, here's the big question. If we are really to get a new single this September, and it happens to be one of these tracks...which one?

I vote for 402. 409 should be (probably will be of course, like all these songs most likely) further developed and saved for the album.

Great question.

I agree with you; 402 rules in every way possible! :up:

Hey, just a thought.....but any thoughts of 409 being a re-worked bit of Mercy? :hmm: Bono's vocals at 1:02 AND 1:12-1:18 sound a he's saying "I feel born again," kind of in a similar way to the "I'm boorrnnn again" in Mercy........:hmm:

it's late here in France, I go to bed, , i cut down the radio, you have the mp3s

bonne nuit!

Canadiens1160 said:
Oh, question!

What is the portion of the clips people keep relating to clocks? If it's that little bit at the end of the 8 min clip with the bouncy piano, I don't think it sounds like Coldplay at all.

yeah that's what people mean (also song 400), and I don't hear it either, Coldplay didn't invent piano

omg, the solo at the end of 404!!! I think I like it better than the middle solo :drool: edge I love you!

AtomicBono said:

Listening to that now... I was undecided about the chorus yesterday, thought maybe it was a little too cheesy, but now I must admit I found my foot tapping along to this song! and the melody during the verses is fantastic. This song reminds me of Original of the Species... with an amazing guitar solo :drool:

It really is a terrifically catchy tune. I like it more and more every time I hear it. Could be a great single too.

Canadiens1160 said:
Oh, question!

I think it's 400 that most people thought sounded like Clocks. If you listen carefully there is a sorta-clocks-ish piano riff in there somewhere.

AtomicBono said:

yeah that's what people mean (also song 400), and I don't hear it either, Coldplay didn't invent piano
LOL indeed. Actually it reminds me more of the Beatles.

Utoo said:
Hey, just a thought.....but any thoughts of 409 being a re-worked bit of Mercy? :hmm: Bono's vocals at 1:02 AND 1:12-1:18 sound a he's saying "I feel born again," kind of in a similar way to the "I'm boorrnnn again" in Mercy........:hmm:

it sounds like a new song...way more promising than mercy:yuck:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom