untitled by the smashing pumpkins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is a wonderful song. wow, i had no idea id miss these guys and girl so much.

by the way, it IS a BRAND new song. yes, i just heard billy say that they went back to the studio to record this as a "see-ya later" song. its very cool.

smile.gif

makes me happy inside. unusual for most of the music i listen too...

------------------
-death bear

hmmm... not me...

Mind you, I think the lyrics are great, the music is outstanding and the image works - but Billy Corgan's voice was like nails on a chalkboard to my ears - I just couldn't take him for long. If only they had a good singer, I think I would have adored them.

Billy was the sound of the pumpkins.
Lose the singer and you lose the band.
His voice is original and no one else sounds like him. I'd much rather listen to talent and originality than some singer who sounds like every other act around.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Billy was the sound of the pumpkins.
Lose the singer and you lose the band.
His voice is original and no one else sounds like him. I'd much rather listen to talent and originality than some singer who sounds like every other act around.

I disagree. Having a BETTER singer does not automatically mean having a singer that "sounds like everyone else."
However, I do agree in that the singer is very much the sound of the band. I will also state that a singer can ruin a band for a lot of people. For example, Bob Dylan can't sing - he writes great, but sing - uh, no. As such, I could never truly get into Bob Dylan, but I CAN appreciate his work. Jon Anderson from YES is another example. I liked his high voice, but many people do not. As such, they could never get into YES. Bono's voice made me love U2, but Corgan's voice made me a so-so fan of the Pumpkins. Consequently, I don't really miss them, even though I can appreciate what they did. However, if someone other than Corgan sang, I might have really enjoyed them.

Originally posted by doctorwho:

I disagree. Having a BETTER singer does not automatically mean having a singer that "sounds like everyone else."
However, I do agree in that the singer is very much the sound of the band. I will also state that a singer can ruin a band for a lot of people. For example, Bob Dylan can't sing - he writes great, but sing - uh, no. As such, I could never truly get into Bob Dylan, but I CAN appreciate his work. Jon Anderson from YES is another example. I liked his high voice, but many people do not. As such, they could never get into YES. Bono's voice made me love U2, but Corgan's voice made me a so-so fan of the Pumpkins. Consequently, I don't really miss them, even though I can appreciate what they did. However, if someone other than Corgan sang, I might have really enjoyed them.

Interesting...I think Dylan can sing...not in the classical sense but his vocals add to his lyrics...hes always had that weary, sagely sounding voice...

well i just plain missed them
rolleyes.gif

I personally love BillyC's voice (at least on Adore) but then again, I go for any strange sort of voice and a lot of times thats what gets me into bands

which is this song, zoomie? and which one is the song where he repeats "tonight, tonight..." over and over again towards the end? (i cant understand the other lyrics
biggrin.gif
)

*needs to get more Pumpkins CDs*
sorry betty, I think they're taking preference over Radiohead right now
biggrin.gif

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Originally posted by BabyGrace:
and which one is the song where he repeats "tonight, tonight..." over and over again towards the end? (i cant understand the other lyrics
biggrin.gif
)
ummm, that would have to be "Tonight" (Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness)

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Anyone know if Billy's touring with New Order? They're coming here for the Big Day Out; I'm wondering if Billy will come too.

foray

foray, you wonder too much.

and to everyone else, i apologize. i was waaaaay wrong. this song was made a year ago, not now. so sorry for the mistake, my fault.

fine foray, in regards to your question, im sorry i cant help you.

------------------
-death bear

untitled was the song recorded and released last november, it got some airplay on radio but a video was never made. it wasnt available on an album, but it will be on the greatest htis coming out next month.

hehe thanks guys

especially ultra-cool Salome
wink.gif

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Anyone know if Billy's touring with New Order? They're coming here for the Big Day Out; I'm wondering if Billy will come too.

Nope.

Billy Corgan and NO have parted ways. His presence always supposed to be a temporary one.

that's poor moderating Salome, it's "Tonight, Tonight"
tongue.gif

I can understand if someone can't get into Corgan's vocals, it's all a matter of personal taste, for instance, I can't stand Rush even though I think their music is great, because of Betty Lee's vocals (death bear had a thread about this before i think)

i agree with brettig about Dylan, btw

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
that's poor moderating Salome, it's "Tonight, Tonight"
tongue.gif
mmm, that's what you could when you don't even get near a certain album for over 2 years
biggrin.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 10-18-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom