untill the end of the world video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
Untill the end of the world is one of my favorite U2 videos. The video is extremly dark mysterious and completely fits the song. It's a shame its kind of rare and it isnt even on the Best Of 90 -2000 DVD. The DVD has a live preformance instead wich is cool but the real video is so much better. Definately one of the coolest videos they have done. I would show it to somone who knew nothing about U2 to impress them. One of my favorite songs too so dark so cool so sexy so not today's U2

guill said:

There is a weird video on the old Achtung Baby VHS.

they talketh the truth.....as i had the video. Long since worn out. If i remeber rightly, was of questionable qualtiy (the tape) considering it was official vid.
Cant remeber wat alll was on it. Think EBTTRT was on with a few different versions. And an interview wi bono in his penthouse suite where someone shouts his name from below, and Bono is amazed by the strength of the voice.

Yes, very....strange. great song, and that lead me to watch(again) the Dublin 1993 performance, and OMG, Bono's voice and performance are just :drool: he was really transforming and evolving at this time. there is so much talent in this band when they perform, it is euphoric to watch. Pure, raw intensity...i feel a thread coming on (actually 2). :rockon:

gman said:

they talketh the truth.....as i had the video. Long since worn out. If i remeber rightly, was of questionable qualtiy (the tape) considering it was official vid.
Cant remeber wat alll was on it. Think EBTTRT was on with a few different versions. And an interview wi bono in his penthouse suite where someone shouts his name from below, and Bono is amazed by the strength of the voice.

That's right.. when he says, "Now I know what it feels like to be Gary Glitter.. and I LIKE how it feels..".

Gawd... if only he knew...

As for the video, always struck me as a bit of rushed scratch video with some random bits of other U2 and abstract video mixed with a very quick and dirty film specifically for the song.

Last edited:
That video was the first U2 based dvd/vhs I owned I :love:'d it.

As for the video to UTEOW, it terrifies me...but I still love it

I only saw this video for the first time in the last year or two. I really like the experimentation, and I wish they would've kept experimenting with videos, but the red cellophane or whatever that is really freaks me out.

Not as bad as the EBTTRT remix video - just because of the bits where the neon people are manhandling Edge.

And - the UTEOTW video wasn't on the DVD best of? Seems like I've seen it more recently than the VHS days. Maybe it's just burned into my brain.

the first time I saw that it creeped me out! it's a pretty dark video, but it suits the song I guess... I really like it now, but it's still a bit scary..

WinnieThePoo said:
probably the worst 90's video by U2 , on the other side , love is blindness from AB vhs was quite good
Acutally, the LIB video is on the Numb VHS single. And yeah, it's pretty cool. Matt Mahurin should have directed more videos.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
It's a pretty weak video, all I remember is someone(maybe the Edge) being wrapped in saran wrap...

That stands out in my mind, too. What WAS that supposed to be, exactly? Cool, but very freaky.

Last edited:
ahittle said:
Not as bad as the EBTTRT remix video - just because of the bits where the neon people are manhandling Edge.

And - the UTEOTW video wasn't on the DVD best of? Seems like I've seen it more recently than the VHS days. Maybe it's just burned into my brain.

I really love the EBTTRT, Iincluding when the women are manhandling The Edge, you can tell he loves it!! He's so cool. The Numb video, the EBTTRT vid, and especially the discotheque video when he's just lying there and the dancer is doing something funky over his face! The Edge is one hell of a dude.

For those more digitally inclined, the UTEOTW video is on the ACHTUNG BABY: The Videos, The Cameos and a Whole Lot of Interference LaserDisc. Also, there is an unofficial Region 0 DVD for those so inclined to research dark corners of the internet called LOVE IS BLINDNESS that features all the videos previously only found on the VHS tapes for the "Numb" video single and "The Unforgettable Fire Collection".

Back
Top Bottom