Unpopular U2 Songs That You Like

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a celebration. no one ever speaks of this tune.

SHAKE!:hyper:SHAKE!:hyper:SHAKE!:hyper:

:lol: Yeah, A Celebration's great fun, I don't think the band really knew what they doing, but nevertheless they still managed to produce something really enjoyable. Some of the melodies are great and I've always liked the lyric 'I believe in the powers that be, but they won't overpower me'.

The video is just bizarre, Bono running around a prison in bright red trousers, strange visual effects of the band running through bright doorways, prison guards chanting the SHAKE!, SHAKE! line and then finishing up with images of buildings falling down and the band playing in the prison yard. :shrug:

A Day Without Me

I Fall Down
Scarlet
Rejoice :up:
Is That All?

Surrender

Promenade:heart:
Elvis Presley and America

Red Hill Mining Town:heart:

Hawmoon269:combust:
Van Diemans Land
Heartland

Some Days Are Better Than Others
Babyface:drool:

Do You Feel Loved

Peace On Earth
One Step Closer
Crumbs

North and South of the River:up:
Night and Day (not theirs but....mmm good!)
Walk to the Water
Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
Hallelujah Here She Comes
Electrical Storm:love:
Christmas (Baby please come home)
Everlasting Love (ok, I like covers!)

and my number one unpopular....Pop...the whole darn album!:applaud::reject::applaud:

Last edited:
One Step Closer, one of my favorite u2 tracks. Has grown on me and now its just about perfect to my ears.

yahweh, not sure if this qualifies, but it seems lots don't like it around here. i like the album version, but the live version is the one that is one of my favorite u2 tracks. loved seeing that one live, and was a highlight to vetigo shows to me.

so funny, all of our different tastes! i felt that Yahweh is far better on the album and suffered from an awful arrangement on tour. and this is really one of the only songs i feel that way about.

I think the problem with ABOY was another bad arrangement on tour, like Yahweh. I like it on the album, and LOVED it at the Brooklyn Bridge:heart::heart:, but on tour it always left me feeling as if something was missing...like the rock, maybe. :shrug: It always felt very churned out to me, never like they were really into playing it.

Elvis Presley & America has been one of my favorite U2 songs since UF came out. I've never known anyone else to share the joy on that -- in fact it came up on my iPod running yesterday and totally kicked it. Glad to see that Ultraviolet is getting some love as well -- could be my favorite of all time.

Didn't see anything about OOTS here -- I don't know if it's considered popular or un on these boards, but IMO it's probably the most sublime ever.

Other faves: ABOY (any version -- love it!)
Mofo
Surrender
Hawkmoon 369 and Heartland -- Bono's voice!!:drool:

Love Summer Rain,
Also maybe not unpopular but rather not talked about often I like 'Where Did It All Go Wrong', sort of an early incarnation of the rawer sound on ABOY. Also I've read some negative things about Two Hearts Beat as One, but I love it.

Indian Summer Sky.
Great driving song and excellent atmosphere that would be better served by a different tracklisting placement.

New York.
Great music and rocking live...although I can see why the lyrics leave many shrugging. Awesome live on the Boston Elevation DVD.

Yahweh.
Glad to see a couple others mentioned this. I've been genuinely baffled by the response this song has generated among U2 fans. With most songs that I like that are unpopular, I can usually see why that is. I guess for some the lyrics may grate a little and the choral lyric especially. But musically it seems like blend of everything makes U2 great, and I just don't get the flat out hate. This one made me grin from ear to ear when the album first leaked and remains a fav 4 years later.

Indian Summer Sky
Wire
Street Mission (the solo!)
Rejoice
Hawkmoon
When I Look at the World
Crumbs (my fav)

all gold, and all should be played on the upcoming tour :p

Back
Top Bottom