uno dos... - The real origin, John Ritter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
whackjester said:
maybe a working link would be good........

It WAS working, nto my fault, but basically it was a line from an old 3's company where someone (no idea who, I never saw the show), was saying uno, dos, tres, catorze

I actually saw that episode a couple weeks after Vertigo was released. He was posing as a doctor and said it into the stethoscope. Pretty funny considering the song had just hit the radio.

The real reason of 123 14 is Bono's tribute to John Ritter.. Bono is a Three Company fan...

i think bono just wanted everyone that heard the song to remember something about it and get the song stuck in our heads.

oh dear
I think I'm going to stick with telling my non-u2 friends it has something to do with God:wink:
because saying - "well you see u2 really likes obscure three's company references" not gonna win anyone over

Thanks for the link

This makes me like Bono more. Though I'm not a big three's company fan, I like postmodern weirdness and pop culture references. It's like Zoo TV without the didacticism!

UnforgettableLemon said:
It's like Zoo TV without the didacticism!

:yes: Oooh - somebody's been studying his Word-A-Day calendar... 'didacticism'. :p :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom