Unheard HandsTBA version?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reptile347

The Fly
I was searching for U2 lyrics tonight and came across a weird set of lyrics for thtba ar some site called manticeye.com. Are these from a certain mix of the song or are they just early lyrics?

U2 Lyrics

Oh my love It’s a long way we’ve come From the freckled hills to the steel and glass canyons From the stony fields, to hanging steel from the sky From digging in our pockets, for a reason not to say goodbye

These are the hands that built America Russian, Sioux, Dutch, Hindu Polish, Irish, German, Italian

I last saw your face in a watercolour sky As sea birds argued a long goodbye I took your kiss on the spray of the new line star You gotta live with your dreams Don’t make them so hard

And these are the hands that built America These are the hands that built America The Irish, the Blacks, the Chinese, the Jews Korean, Hispanic, Muslim, Indian

Of all of the promises Is this one we can keep? Of all of the dreams Is this one still out of reach?

Its early fall There’s a cloud on the New York skyline Innocence dragged across a yellow line These are the hands that built America These are the hands that built America

Those look like modified lyrics from a live performance.

What's wierd about them? They look like the normal lyrics to me. Those parts about "Russian, Sioux, Dutch, Hindu Polish, Irish, German, Italian" and "The Irish, the Blacks, the Chinese, the Jews Korean, Hispanic, Muslim, Indian" are the bits that Bono sort of whispers after each time he sings the word 'America'.

Reptile347 said:
I was searching for U2 lyrics tonight and came across a weird set of lyrics for thtba ar some site called manticeye.com. Are these from a certain mix of the song or are they just early lyrics?

U2 Lyrics

Oh my love It’s a long way we’ve come From the freckled hills to the steel and glass canyons From the stony fields, to hanging steel from the sky From digging in our pockets, for a reason not to say goodbye

These are the hands that built America Russian, Sioux, Dutch, Hindu Polish, Irish, German, Italian

I last saw your face in a watercolour sky As sea birds argued a long goodbye I took your kiss on the spray of the new line star You gotta live with your dreams Don’t make them so hard

And these are the hands that built America These are the hands that built America The Irish, the Blacks, the Chinese, the Jews Korean, Hispanic, Muslim, Indian

Of all of the promises Is this one we can keep? Of all of the dreams Is this one still out of reach?

Its early fall There’s a cloud on the New York skyline Innocence dragged across a yellow line These are the hands that built America These are the hands that built America

The last set of lyrics is what is different. It's in reference to the attacks on Sept. 11th, that's my interp. anyway.
The lyrics at the Oscars live performance were also altered, don't want to push my interp. but I think it's clear what is referenced there as well.

Re: Re: Unheard HandsTBA version?

Faith said:
The last set of lyrics is what is different. It's in reference to the attacks on Sept. 11th, that's my interp. anyway.
Um, it looks the same as what's sung on the studio version of the song to me.

Re: Re: Re: Unheard HandsTBA version?

greenlight7-11 said:

Um, it looks the same as what's sung on the studio version of the song to me.

Apologies if it is, I don't remember the studio version, I prefer the various live versions.

I do know the Academy Awards performance has alt lyrics.

I was referring to the parts where it refers to different nationalities. Ill have to listen to it again I never noticed those were whispered.

Reptile347 said:
I was referring to the parts where it refers to different nationalities. Ill have to listen to it again I never noticed those were whispered.

Yes, they are definitely whispered in the studio version of the song on the Best Of.

Back
Top Bottom