Unforgettable Fire Documentary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meghan said:
Did anyone else notice while Bono is making suggestions about how to run Good Morning America, Edge is doing some sort of Nazi-type marching in the background?
:giggle:

!!!!!!!!!!

how could I have missed that!!!!!!!!!!

FungusAmongus said:
LOL!! Pretentious? No, I never thought of it as that at all. Just what someone else mentioned here... they were probably feeling kind of awkward and at the same time, their Irish sense of humor...which kicks fucking ass. :wink:
Its one of the most funniest documentaries.

And yup, I aaaaabsolutely love the little Macarena bit Bono does and the whole "Lardence" bit. Holy jesus.. purely C-L-A-S-S-I-C. lol.

I watch it all the fucking time. I'm nuts. lol.

-Chrissy

L-A-R-D.........................................................E-N-C-E

Tuti Highlights, heh

Oh, and let's not forget

"Do not distrurb for 20 min. for 4.20"............. :huh:

I really liked how the UF documentary showed the birth of PRIDE. PRIDE is my favorite song, and it was just amazing to see how it came together. I always knew there was something special about it, and it raelly is unlike anyother song I've ever heard, and Paul was right when he said it was the best thing they've ever done to that point. And in many some ways, the best song they've ever done, as far as I go.

It was cool to see them younger, as I am young and wasn't around to see them as teens and in their 20s. It is cool to see a young group of people creating something that is really a grand and magificent thing, like UF, a huge album that it was. Very few people in the world release albums like that.

Seeing Bono singing Pride was great.

The only thing that dissapoints me with that song is the base. For some reason, maybe all the guitar effects, the drums come across very poorly in the album, but the drums are so great. My favorite drumbeat, by far. I am always finding myself in need of turning up the base or something.

The one scene where Larry does the intro to PRIDE, midway through the doc, it is sheer power. It is so motivating, inspiring.

I wish the intro was longer on the album, studio version. Because I like the guitar, but I wish the drums and guitar could coexist better. Then there is always live versions.....

Oh yes, and one last thing... part of the reason I was drawn to U2 is explained by Paul McGuiness

How he says that the finiancial pressure often corrupts bands to do something to fit the times. That sort of uncompromising sincerity and honesty in one's work is fascinating to me, and that is why I like U2.

irishdove said:
I like near the end when Bono "eats fire" by putting a match out in his mouth :drool:

:yes:. Also ditto a lot of the other stuff that was mentioned (LOL, and leave it to martha to notice something like that :D).

Also, For Honor, I agree with you about Paul McGuiness. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he seems to be a real gem when it comes to managers...seems like a really cool guy who knows what he's doing and who's respected. That's really cool :up:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom