Unforgetable Fire Appreciation Thread -lets hear it !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopTart Pamela

Acrobat
Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, Australia
I'm home with the flu, and so have time on my hands and thought it was time for a Unforgetable Fire discussion as I just love this album ssssoooo much.
Its beautiful, melodic, ethereal, wistful, soothing, lyrical, searing!! well thats enough!!

here Bono finds his poetic soul and probably sings his best ever, particularly on UF - ah!! the heavy breathing and sighing

here Larry shines in Wire and UF

here they produce an all time masterpiece - each of them at their absolute best - and so young then too - Bad my fav U2 song, however usually listen to live versions

here with Lenior & Eno fo the first time(sorry about spelling)

so lets appreciate UF - the first time U2 dreamt it up all over again, and thank God they did.

apart from the obvious songs, just love Wire - its a knockout

Michael Griffiths, I like something substantial here - something to get my brain working again

Pamela

"Rock and Roll gives people a chance to not grow up" - Bono

I love UF!! It's one of my favorites! It's artsy, magical, mystical, dreamy, passionate and breathy or like strong wind or deep sigh. It came from a special place and it always takes me there. I love the songs and the way they make me feel.

Bono's voice was at the height of its range and I'm so glad we have it recorded to treasure forever. I love his voice now too, it's so sweet and endearing, but he was in his prime and able to do things he couldn't do later and will never do again, and I love hearing that.

I also love the look. I loved Bono's hair, call it a mullet or not. I loved Adam's curls, Larry's cuteness, and Edge's coolness and the clothes! Those outfits were so sexy, especially the boots!

Okay so I love UF, its songs, its videos and its memories. I love it and I appreciate it!

First album I had and will always have that special place..
Hard to think that at the time we all thought it was a shame to have missed out them in their early days! Feel old now..time for a nap.

------------------
Lately I'm sure, words won't implore you to stay

My favourite album for Bono's vocals. He's hit his stride and he doesn't overdo the breathing like I feel he sometimes does on JT.

Most beautiful lyrics, especially A Sort of Homecoming--that song is my ultimate dream reverie. "Your earth moves beneath your own dream landscape" is my favourite U2 line ever.

One of the darkest and most chill-inducing U2 songs, the title track. I will never forget the first time I heard this song, which was also the first time I saw the video.

Bad, which became possibly their greatest live song of all time (though I'd probably take Streets in the end.)

One of their most gently romantic songs, Promenade. So evocative.

Pride--one of their most beautiful anthem songs.

Wire--angry, weird, more chills.

Indian Summer Sky--strange, beautiful, totally underrated.

Elvis Presley--I never thought too much of this one, but I've come to appreciate the stray beauty of it.

MLK--a lullaby. Tears.

So I still don't get a lot from 4th of July, but so what? Even it has its points. This, to me, is U2's most "U2" album. It is just them, with few influences. It's a thing of beauty and mystery. I would not call it their best album, but it's often my favourite.

And I agree with Desire4Bono--when you look at the band as a whole, that might be my favourite U2 "look" of all!

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 05-22-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom